Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
These are OK Tracy as they are not for eating..
[/QUOTE

You can eat them
What are the best uses for this chili pepper?
It’s obviously a standout as an ornamental pepper the blue and purple colors are some of the rarer colors in the pepper scale, so they bring something extra special to landscaping. The fact that it’s a compact plant brings extra versatility as the Filius Blue can work well in small spaces, like large containers and urban gardens. It can also be used as a filler around other plants.

In the kitchen, you’ll have plenty of Filius Blue to use – the plant produces well. They work quite well with salsas and sauces. You can also use them fresh for salads and sandwiches, though it’s recommended to use the red chilies as they tend to be milder and a touch sweeter.
Sponsored

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Glad you told me!? Otherwise there could be some surprises around here!
You can eat them.

What are the best uses for this chili pepper?
It’s obviously a standout as an ornamental pepper the blue and purple colors are some of the rarer colors in the pepper scale, so they bring something extra special to landscaping. The fact that it’s a compact plant brings extra versatility as the Filius Blue can work well in small spaces, like large containers and urban gardens. It can also be used as a filler around other plants.

In the kitchen, you’ll have plenty of Filius Blue to use – the plant produces well. They work quite well with salsas and sauces. You can also use them fresh for salads and sandwiches, though it’s recommended to use the red chilies as they tend to be milder and a touch sweeter.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
That settles that. I’m getting me some seeds. :) :turkey:
I read that these are a wonderful, ornamental pepper. Maybe you can eat them... what do I know, my thumb is greasy, not green...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I read that these are a wonderful, ornamental pepper. Maybe you can eat them... what do I know, my thumb is greasy, not green...
They are so pretty, I may just stare at them.? Going to make my son some pepper sauce with them. I’ll test them first. If ya’ll don’t hear from me anymore…that may be why. ;)
JK - Ed does have a green thumb, so I trust him. But..just in case…just remember, I think ya’ll are the bees knees.:)

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
They are so pretty, I may just stare at them.? Going to make my son some pepper sauce with them. I’ll test them first. If ya’ll don’t hear from me anymore…that may be why. ;)
JK - Ed does have a green thumb, so I trust him. But..just in case…just remember, I think ya’ll are the bees knees.:)
Remember they are just tiny little morsels and not super hot or sweet. I gave up on hot peppers and plant Nadapenos and Habanada's that have the flavor without the heat. I did in my heat tolerance in the younger years. ♨
Sponsored