OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Finally got around to doing a full plasti dip of the entire truck, finished this evening. Took four gallons of dip. A full day spent on just prep work and masking. Nearly a full day of shooting the dip on. Used a harbor freight electric sprayer with decent results. No need for an expensive sprayer. $20 bucks spent on the sprayer, well worth it.

Wanted a full dip to help reduce scratches while off road for the up comming hunting season here in Northwest Florida. Tons of off road trails with tight spots with alot of brush contact. Have used dip for years on my old Tacoma with good results protecting the paint from scratches. Still have a few touch up spots, but overall not so bad.

20191111_200742.jpg

20191111_200751.jpg

20191111_205918.jpg
I have to say that the Camo Green Plasti dip does extremely well blending in with the woods.

20200112_120730.jpg

20200112_120752.jpg
Sponsored

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The Green looks AWESOME! I've never done a whole car before, but seeing your truck makes me want to try it someday!

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what are we looking at??
I dont get it?
Ranger Pride.... You didn't read the comment did you? The images I attached shows the effectiveness of the Camo plasti dip as it blends in the the wooded environment. Zoom in on the pics and you will see the Ranger. However, if you dont offroad or Hunt then you wouldn't get the purpose.

Two objectives obtained here with dipping the Ranger.

1. Protect the paint from brush scratches while off road.

2. Blend into the woodland (Engage Ninja Skills).

Bawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Green looks AWESOME! I've never done a whole car before, but seeing your truck makes me want to try it someday!
Yea I wasn't certain how it would turn out? It was fairly easy to shoot it on. The only pain was masking off areas where I didn't want the dip to get. Like I stated previously, it was much cheaper than wrapping the entire truck. When the hunting season is over here. I'll peel it off and post more pics of how well it protected the clear coat and paint.

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
An update for everyone. The plastidip peeled off perfectly at 3 gallons on the truck. Not one single scratch from the heavy brush contact during this season of Hunting. Overall the dip performed extremely well.

20200208_154019.jpg
Good lord...how long did it take you to peel it off the whole truck??

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
An update for everyone. The plastidip peeled off perfectly at 3 gallons on the truck. Not one single scratch from the heavy brush contact during this season of Hunting. Overall the dip performed extremely well.

20200208_154019.jpg
So how much did it cost you to do this? I know you did it yourself, but I'm just curious. I'm more worried about the headlights and taillights than the paint honestly. Looks like you have a few scratches on the rear taillights. Mine have a couple of minor ones too - I'm worried I would hit some brush and break the plastic and have to replace a $1200 taillight.

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good lord...how long did it take you to peel it off the whole truck??
About 20 mins for the large areas, still have some smaller areas that I need to get too. Trust me well worth it considering how much I jacked up the paint and clear coat on my Tacoma.

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how much did it cost you to do this? I know you did it yourself, but I'm just curious. I'm more worried about the headlights and taillights than the paint honestly. Looks like you have a few scratches on the rear taillights. Mine have a couple of minor ones too - I'm worried I would hit some brush and break the plastic and have to replace a $1200 taillight.
$230 dollars for 4 gallons, I used 3 gallons of Camo green and one gallon of black that I never used. Lol those are not scratches on the tail lights. That's stringer's of Mud. Was just too lazy to wash it before I peeled it. I've attached a photo that I took today of my truck and my step fathers SCAB at my property that I'm clearing. I still have some areas between the bed and lower rocker panel to remove. I'll get to that next weekend.

20200209_164603.jpg

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the best looking trucks here! Well done
Thank you DeadSkiHead. I believe I did a decent job on moding both Rangers. I'm partial to the SCAB as that's what I had with my Tacoma for years. Grandkids kicked in and the wife wanted me to get the extra room for the back seats. For sure the SCAB back seats are tiny and I would highly NOT recommend stuffing a full sized adult back there, lol. If I had a choice to ride in the back bed or the small rear seats it would be the bed for sure.

danthefordman

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Occupation
Highway Construction
Thank you so much for sharing! I love what you have done with your truck. Any thoughts on how long the dip would hold up if left on? I live in upstate NY and we have harsh winters.

Iancoll

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wildtrack , 2016 mustang got , Mercedes e53amg
Occupation
Company director
Finally got around to doing a full plasti dip of the entire truck, finished this evening. Took four gallons of dip. A full day spent on just prep work and masking. Nearly a full day of shooting the dip on. Used a harbor freight electric sprayer with decent results. No need for an expensive sprayer. $20 bucks spent on the sprayer, well worth it.

Wanted a full dip to help reduce scratches while off road for the up comming hunting season here in Northwest Florida. Tons of off road trails with tight spots with alot of brush contact. Have used dip for years on my old Tacoma with good results protecting the paint from scratches. Still have a few touch up spots, but overall not so bad.

20191111_200742.jpg

20191111_200751.jpg

20191111_205918.jpg
love the camo dip but really think them front wheel arches look weird and unfinished ..
they look like something is missing and need an extension that goes down the front bumper
Sponsored