What was your first Ford daily driver?

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
I've had a lot of vehicles since I got my license in 1985, my 2020 Ranger is I believe 6th or 7th truck. For a bit of fun, what was your first daily driver, and then your first Ford daily driver? My first DD was an 81 Dodge Omini 024, my first Ford was a 72 Gran Torino I had in the early 90's.

t (2).jpg

t (1).jpg
Sponsored

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
1973 Bronco, 302 .090 over, beefed up cam, headers, 3" exhaust, 3" lift, 31" tires. 3 on the tree, this was a 4 wheeling beast. Waxed on Saturday, played on Sunday, fixed on Monday. Most people had there heads stuck up Jeep's ass, while I was whupping them.

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
It was in 1976, a $300 1963 Ford Galaxy 500 Coupe. 352 4 barrel, no power steering... If I tried to corner hard, I'd lift my skinny ass out of the seat.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I've posted it before, but my first car that I owned (daily driver) was a Ford (technically a Mercury here in the states - everywhere else in the world it was a Ford). It was a 1973 Capri. This is what it looked like then:
Capri3.jpg

And this is what it looks like now (yes, I still have it):
P3230030.JPG

When I first started driving, I drove my parents car. Then I got a motorcycle, but after one year of the wintertime rain in Oregon, I decided I needed a car. Motorcycles aren't great daily drivers in the winter here in Oregon.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My first drive in a Ford (not a daily driver) was Jan 3, 1973. It was a pool vehicle at Ford Truck Operations, The snow was mid calf and I had to find this pool vehicle with the numbering on the windshield which was snow covered.... Coming from University of Central Florida, I had no snow brush, but I did find the F150 and not knowing the layout, headed out the the Experimental Garage to get my "tools" from the DM Crib...I had no clue what a Crib was either. So my daily driver was in short order, a 1971 Pantera. What a POS, but what a looker....young and foolish purchase. Anyway it worked for me. Electrical System was a POS. The 351C was potentent for sure. Gear box was not up to the task but I found a new spare which I installed at 20K miles. I bought it with 6000 miles on the odo. My replacement was a 1978 Fiesta. Mature and affordable decision but I did sell the Pantera for more than I paid for it...

Pantera.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
First daily driver was a "78 Datsun B210. My mom gave it to me after my sister ran a stop sign and t-boned another car. I drove that for 2 years with a smashed front end. I traded it in for my first Ford daily driver, 1990 Ford Fiesta. I had that for 3 years. I gave my Mom the Fiesta when I bought my first Ranger, 1993 XLT in Dark Plum.