First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Are the 4WD and FX4 rear springs the same?

Amature poking around Ford Parts only shows two rear springs, RWD and 4WD yet shows 4 or 5 different front coil options.

I've been surprised at the FX4 road manners and am curious if a set of FX4 rear springs would improve the harshness at the back of my 2wd.

Not sure if I need to be looking for FX4 specific or any 4WD rear springs.
Sponsored

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
Are the 4WD and FX4 rear springs the same?

Amature poking around Ford Parts only shows two rear springs, RWD and 4WD yet shows 4 or 5 different front coil options.

I've been surprised at the FX4 road manners and am curious if a set of FX4 rear springs would improve the harshness at the back of my 2wd.

Not sure if I need to be looking for FX4 specific or any 4WD rear springs.
Before purchasing a Ranger I dug into the differences, believe the rear springs are the same and the fronts change with the cab style.

OP
OP
SOHK_Alumni

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Before purchasing a Ranger I dug into the differences, believe the rear springs are the same and the fronts change with the cab style.
That aligns with my findings as well.

Ford does have different front springs between 4WD and FX4, along with RWD and cab specific but not the variety at the back.

Wonder if one of the OME installers would want to part with their oem springs?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That aligns with my findings as well.

Ford does have different front springs between 4WD and FX4, along with RWD and cab specific but not the variety at the back.

Wonder if one of the OME installers would want to part with their oem springs?
I dont have an FX4, just a 4x4 sport. I installed the Old Man EMU kit and love it. From what I understand with all the options is changing the shocks out to Fox or similar will fix your problem. For me I love the new feeling of the Old Man EMU kit especially offroad, but I also changed out all shocks with new coils and leafs. The factory leaf springs probably will not help but if you want them I can try to figure out what it would cost to send them to you. Just.pm me and we will go from there.
Sponsored