Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I did go to the dealership last Thursday. What I was told is that there was some sort of an issue in the ordering system at the time of my order that failed to mark it as a "retail" order. I spoke with the Sales Manager and he called their Ford rep. In an email to me today, the dealership says the order is "approved" and he will send me the ROVP approval email within 24 hours. So, I'm expecting the VIN and build date on this week's scheduling cycle on Thursday. Hopefully Ford gets my order slotted in similar to others than ordered back in August. We'll see......

And, last week they said they read a notice about the Rangers being delayed because of the MPG ratings and having to be tested again.
Sounds like good news especially if they schedule it this week!!

I had a suspicion that Ford wasn't happy with the MPG rating when only one 4x2 model MPG leaked out and then they removed it due to a mpg error. Ford may have to go back and reflash some drivetrain computers before shipping if they've tweaked settings to eek out more MPGs. Hopefully not a long delay.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Fuzzy says...you worry to much. ;)
Maybe I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime same-day delivery. Why can't Ford have a drone deliver my truck yesterday LOL

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got my own update now, and it's not good news. My build date of 1/14 has been moved to 1/18.

I strongly doubt they will be able to meet the delivery date of 2/3 now. That's only 16 days to get from Michigan to California.
Yeah but they ship via rail car and that journey would take 2 days maybe. I think Ford added a little margin in their delivery dates to account for a possible delay with OKTB.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Got a build date of Feb 5th and a VIN of 11252 :party::handsinair:

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I got my own update now, and it's not good news. My build date of 1/14 has been moved to 1/18.

I strongly doubt they will be able to meet the delivery date of 2/3 now. That's only 16 days to get from Michigan to California.
I think what is more likely that happened was you were scheduled to week 01/14, and now you've got an official build date of 01/18. :like:

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Other people here have commented on its “car-like” rideability, I personally felt that it was very well-mannered and comfortable to drive. I anticipate many people are like yourself, they want a nice vehicle for day to day use that also has the usability of a truck.

I think Ford did a great job building a truck that even non-truck people would enjoy.
I agree but I would go with more of an SUV feel than a truck feel because the height. When I drove the Tacoma and the Colorado It felt like I was driving a slightly smaller truck. The Ranger had a car like but more of a SUV like feel. The hood rounds down so you don't see all of the giant flat hood. The suspension was soft and comfortable. We intentionally went over some large pot holes and while you could feel the dip and the hole it was soft and not jarring. When I drove the F150 you knew you were driving a truck. The suspension is stiff for the heavy payload and it results in a harsher more abrasive ride.

I really liked the ride of the Ranger It seemed exactly what I was looking for. A comfortable daily driver with the ability to tow my boat, get me to the ski resorts in the snow, Ability to camp and sleep in the back, and do some moderate off road driving.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime same-day delivery. Why can't Ford have a drone deliver my truck yesterday LOL
I was joking with my salesman and told him that and he replied true but your new Ranger would fit in a shoe box if it was from Amazon.

Reactions: kep

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've senna my delivery date jump around a bit. It went back to the original date today, but the other day it was a day later, which I thought was odd. I'm guessing it will still change too.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've senna my delivery date jump around a bit. It went back to the original date today, but the other day it was a day later, which I thought was odd. I'm guessing it will still change too.
We all need to pray for good weather when they start shipping. That could easily cause a delay.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
You can update the sheet with my scheduled build week of Feb 11 2019 and last 8 of vin is KLA13856.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You can update the sheet with my scheduled build week of Feb 11 2019 and last 8 of vin is KLA13856.
Congratulations! Updated the spreadsheet.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Sorted by order date. Updated 12/5/2018 @ 8:15am PST.

View attachment 1912

Data Breakdown:
  • 54 Ranger5G members have preordered
  • 29 members have VINs
  • 26 members have build dates
  • 17 members have delivery dates
  • @Schafies and @AnimeRanger87 have shortest time between build and delivery - 13 days
  • @kep has the longest time between build and delivery - 34 days
  • Average time between build and delivery date - 24 days
VIN 11393 Ordered 11/05/18 Build 1/28/19 Del TBD