Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger

Ann M Scheib

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Please revise my order date to September 27th and I now have a delivery date of February 2nd 2019 .Ty

Reactions: Ric

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Add me to your list of orders placed. I've been following the Ranger ever since Ford announced it's reintroduction, and knew it was the right size truck for me. Even though the order bank has been open for a while, I waited until I could do a 'Ride and Drive' in San Antonio. I ordered a Lariat Crew Cab 4x2 in Ingot Silver last Thursday, so I don't anticipate a VIN for a while.

chappy61750

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Escape & 16 Explorer
My dealer called and gave me my VIN number, last 5 digits 07935.Although it doesn't show in order tracking, at least I'm another step closer. Keeping my fingers crossed!

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to your list of orders placed. I've been following the Ranger ever since Ford announced it's reintroduction, and knew it was the right size truck for me. Even though the order bank has been open for a while, I waited until I could do a 'Ride and Drive' in San Antonio. I ordered a Lariat Crew Cab 4x2 in Ingot Silver last Thursday, so I don't anticipate a VIN for a while.
What are your honest impressions of the test drive?

Updated @mURmECH, @chappy61750 and @Ann M Scheib data.

chappy61750

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Escape & 16 Explorer
Somewhere I saw what the VIN numbers signify, can someone repost?

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
What are your honest impressions of the test drive?

Updated @mURmECH, @chappy61750 and @Ann M Scheib data.
My interest in a truck is more from a standpoint of a nicely equipped, comfortable vehicle, that simply has the convenience of a bed. So I was more intrigued with the fit and finish of the truck. They had XLT's and Lariats, so I gladly took the option to drive the Lariat. I was very impressed with the fit and feel of the interior. My wife went along for the ride, and said the back seat was comfortable with adequate room. The drive itself was short, out the parking lot, onto the access road, under the overpass and back to the lot. But we did have a short span where he encouraged me to hit it hard, and was very impressed with the acceleration. If this Ride and Drive had not been close enough for me to take part in, I'd probably still have ordered. But this just confirmed it.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My interest in a truck is more from a standpoint of a nicely equipped, comfortable vehicle, that simply has the convenience of a bed. So I was more intrigued with the fit and finish of the truck. They had XLT's and Lariats, so I gladly took the option to drive the Lariat. I was very impressed with the fit and feel of the interior. My wife went along for the ride, and said the back seat was comfortable with adequate room. The drive itself was short, out the parking lot, onto the access road, under the overpass and back to the lot. But we did have a short span where he encouraged me to hit it hard, and was very impressed with the acceleration. If this Ride and Drive had not been close enough for me to take part in, I'd probably still have ordered. But this just confirmed it.
Other people here have commented on its “car-like” rideability, I personally felt that it was very well-mannered and comfortable to drive. I anticipate many people are like yourself, they want a nice vehicle for day to day use that also has the usability of a truck.

I think Ford did a great job building a truck that even non-truck people would enjoy.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Thanks for the info, everyone. I have sent 3 emails to my dealership today. If I don't have a VIN and build date by the time I get off work today, I will go directly to the dealer and see what's going on.
I did go to the dealership last Thursday. What I was told is that there was some sort of an issue in the ordering system at the time of my order that failed to mark it as a "retail" order. I spoke with the Sales Manager and he called their Ford rep. In an email to me today, the dealership says the order is "approved" and he will send me the ROVP approval email within 24 hours. So, I'm expecting the VIN and build date on this week's scheduling cycle on Thursday. Hopefully Ford gets my order slotted in similar to others than ordered back in August. We'll see......

And, last week they said they read a notice about the Rangers being delayed because of the MPG ratings and having to be tested again.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did go to the dealership last Thursday. What I was told is that there was some sort of an issue in the ordering system at the time of my order that failed to mark it as a "retail" order. I spoke with the Sales Manager and he called their Ford rep. In an email to me today, the dealership says the order is "approved" and he will send me the ROVP approval email within 24 hours. So, I'm expecting the VIN and build date on this week's scheduling cycle on Thursday. Hopefully Ford gets my order slotted in similar to others than ordered back in August. We'll see......

And, last week they said they read a notice about the Rangers being delayed because of the MPG ratings and having to be tested again.
Good to hear you might have got it resolved. This week they are scheduling orders to be built for the week of 2/11, so hopefully you get that week.

Any chance your dealer can send you a hard copy of the notice about a delay due to MPG? Thanks

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got my own update now, and it's not good news. My build date of 1/14 has been moved to 1/18.

I strongly doubt they will be able to meet the delivery date of 2/3 now. That's only 16 days to get from Michigan to California.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Good to hear you might have got it resolved. This week they are scheduling orders to be built for the week of 2/11, so hopefully you get that week.

Any chance your dealer can send you a hard copy of the notice about a delay due to MPG? Thanks

I'll try, but may require another "Act of Congress". I did notice that the EPA just released their monthly fuel economy data for model year 2019, and the Ranger is not in it. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/guides/FEG2019.pdf

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I got my own update now, and it's not good news. My build date of 1/14 has been moved to 1/18.

I strongly doubt they will be able to meet the delivery date of 2/3 now. That's only 16 days to get from Michigan to California.
Fuzzy says...you worry to much. ;)
Sponsored