Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Went to London in '98 or '99 and was like "Man, that Focus sure is sweet looking."

then Ford brought it over and i got a ZX3 5speed. Man i loved driving that car....except for all the recalls. And the recalls OF the recalls. Pretty sure when i bought it, by the time i got home it had a recall notice in my mailbox. After that Focus, swore off buying another 1st year Ford.

But took a chance on the Ranger...thinking Ford & its suppliers must have their act together right?

NOPE! I didn't make it a block from the dealership when my tail lights went out. Couldn't even it make it home. Sat in service bout a month while they tried figuring out the harness issue that is now in recall.

Now watch my dumb ass go get the Bronco...

John McElroy had a scathing rant on Ford's recent financial performance and their criticism of Tesla's production woes. He brings up Ford's 100+ years of making cars and they still botch the launch of an important vehicle like the Explorer.

It pained me to listen to him bash Ford but he's right.
Hi Folks,

The CEO, Hackett needs to be replaced...this his direct pressure to go fast and not dot every i and cross every t....it catches you out to cut corners...had Hackett is famous for cutting corners for the time and dollars saved in the short run but the recalls and the stigma of them bites you in the ASS... He needs to go now....not in the next six months....NOW! We need an Engineer in charge, like Mullally Dotted i's and crossed t's are key to presenting a solid, sound product to the customer. Where the hell are the service parts for the 5G Ranger. I am waiting on my letter that the taillight parts are available...letter said January...Well...by my calendar it is already February...WTF! We lost $1.7 Billion on Explorer launch...What a travesty...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I would not UNTIL I was assured that they had parts available for your rig!!
Yeah, I got the recall notice on the ford app first but decided to wait to take it in after reading some experiences on the forum. Then I got a letter from Ford about the recall that confirmed my VIN did have the recall, but it said they would send me another letter once the part was in. So I have NOT taken it in yet. Luckily there doesn't seem to be a problem with my taillights. I'll wait until I get confirmation that they have the part before taking it in.

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A w/Sport Package. Black on Black & 2018 Explorer Sport, Tech pkg, twin panel roof. Black on Black
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
Well mine didn't pass and the dealer has had my truck for almost a month! Hope they get the part soon.
Unacceptable
Your experience seems a bit mishandled...If I read this recall detail correctly, a loaner should be provided by Ford once it's approved as a failed recall and there is no part in sight...I'd push for that as it shows that language in the recall notice.

My experience...

I brought my XLT in for this recall and other normal service items at the same time... I dropped off my truck on Mon 1/27/20.
Since I needed a car, I opted to rent from the onsite Hertz desk up front... I was told that if the recall failed the rental cost "could" end up being covered depending on time frames...

On 1/28 I was told my XLT did fail the test (only their 2nd fail for this recall to date) and they order the part to arrive Wed.
1/29 I got a call that there was a FedEx mixup and although the part was listed as sent it wasn't and was re-ordered to arrive Thurs.
1/30 I get a call stating the techs mishandled the process and that Ford "required" pics of the failed part (which I clearly read in the recall details) I was told it was correctly requested but would be another couple days. I expected to get a call on Sat to come get my truck... I got no call...
On Mon 2/3 I get a call stating they still don't have the part and weren't sure what's going on and would follow up once they know more.
On 2/4 I get a call stating the Service Dept. Director has confirmed with the Ford rep that this part is not currently available and Ford is unsure when it will be provided. He told me the only other Ranger to fail was about a month ago and that truck was in and out in a couple days so he was surprised this part now is unavailable. The service tech stated this has happened in the past if the "replacement" part is ALSO found to have an issue triggering Ford to redesign the part.
He stated he has confirmed that this qualified for an extended loaner and that I will keep the loaner I already had and it would be fully paid for by Ford until my truck is fixed.
He stated he guessed it could be another 1-2 weeks
(they gave me a 2020 F150 Lariat 4x4 with the 3.5Eco to drive since day one)

So, I've essentially had no real impact from this recall since I've had a loaner since day one and it's covered by Ford. I must say my experience has been as expected for a recall that impacts my ability to drive my truck until resolved.

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Hi Folks,

The CEO, Hackett needs to be replaced...this his direct pressure to go fast and not dot every i and cross every t....it catches you out to cut corners...had Hackett is famous for cutting corners for the time and dollars saved in the short run but the recalls and the stigma of them bites you in the ASS... He needs to go now....not in the next six months....NOW! We need an Engineer in charge, like Mullally Dotted i's and crossed t's are key to presenting a solid, sound product to the customer. Where the hell are the service parts for the 5G Ranger. I am waiting on my letter that the taillight parts are available...letter said January...Well...by my calendar it is already February...WTF! We lost $1.7 Billion on Explorer launch...What a travesty...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I worked for Alan while he was at Boeing. Talk about a company today having problems !! Retired several years ago. A similar issue at Boeing today. More engineers and less Wall Street needed

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
Your experience seems a bit mishandled...If I read this recall detail correctly, a loaner should be provided by Ford once it's approved as a failed recall and there is no part in sight...I'd push for that as it shows that language in the recall notice.

My experience...

I brought my XLT in for this recall and other normal service items at the same time... I dropped off my truck on Mon 1/27/20.
Since I needed a car, I opted to rent from the onsite Hertz desk up front... I was told that if the recall failed the rental cost "could" end up being covered depending on time frames...

On 1/28 I was told my XLT did fail the test (only their 2nd fail for this recall to date) and they order the part to arrive Wed.
1/29 I got a call that there was a FedEx mixup and although the part was listed as sent it wasn't and was re-ordered to arrive Thurs.
1/30 I get a call stating the techs mishandled the process and that Ford "required" pics of the failed part (which I clearly read in the recall details) I was told it was correctly requested but would be another couple days. I expected to get a call on Sat to come get my truck... I got no call...
On Mon 2/3 I get a call stating they still don't have the part and weren't sure what's going on and would follow up once they know more.
On 2/4 I get a call stating the Service Dept. Director has confirmed with the Ford rep that this part is not currently available and Ford is unsure when it will be provided. He told me the only other Ranger to fail was about a month ago and that truck was in and out in a couple days so he was surprised this part now is unavailable. The service tech stated this has happened in the past if the "replacement" part is ALSO found to have an issue triggering Ford to redesign the part.
He stated he has confirmed that this qualified for an extended loaner and that I will keep the loaner I already had and it would be fully paid for by Ford until my truck is fixed.

So, I've essentially had no real impact from this recall since I've had a loaner since day one and it's covered by Ford. I must say my experience has been as expected for a recall that impacts my ability to drive my truck until resolved.

My experience...

I've had a loaner since day one. I told them I would like something comparable to my truck. Been it might be awhile. So I ended up with a new Fusion titanium AWD. Nice car but I rather have my truck. I get it..they don't have the part. but Maybe a kerdicy call would be nice. Maybe let me know what's going on. I contacted Ford they just gave me a runaround and transferred me to the dealer who doesn't know anymore then I do. So I wait. I Just hope Ford makes good on this. Maybe extend warranties and perks as they are time sensitive. Won't hold my breath on that. But having hostage on customers rigs for over a month is alot to ask. Am I overreacting? Maybe I should be glad I recieved a free loaner. But it does piss me off regardless...

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A w/Sport Package. Black on Black & 2018 Explorer Sport, Tech pkg, twin panel roof. Black on Black
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
I've had a loaner since day one. I told them I would like something comparable to my truck. Been it might be awhile. So I ended up with a new Fusion titanium AWD. Nice car but I rather have my truck. I get it..they don't have the part. but Maybe a kerdicy call would be nice. Maybe let me know what's going on. I contacted Ford they just gave me a runaround and transferred me to the dealer who doesn't know anymore then I do. So I wait. I Just hope Ford makes good on this. Maybe extend warranties and perks as they are time sensitive. Won't hold my breath on that. But having hostage on customers rigs for over a month is alot to ask. Am I overreacting? Maybe I should be glad I recieved a free loaner. But it does piss me off regardless...
I would not say you're over reacting... The only two reasons I'm not really mad is because the two main pain points you call out didn't happen to me... I've had 4 calls in 8 days so they're keeping me in the loop well and they gave me "nicer" truck than mine.

I would be 100% unhappy with a Fusion... we buy/drive a truck for a reason, either need or space or something else... being stuck in a Fusion would be unacceptable to me too!

Maybe go yell at them to swap it out? Maybe the you brought it in that's all they had and they have something different now?

Catch Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
New on here, but got the news today that there is no part in sight for my XLT. Took it in to the dealer Monday 2/10/20 after taillights working/not working. Finally stopped working altogether. Call to dealer today only to tell me that no ETA on part and has no other information.
This is my fourth Ranger and I have had a Ford of some type(Mustang, Shelby, Explorer, etc) in my garage for the last 38 years. Highly offended by the way FMC is treating this issue and me as a customer. Makes me rather angry that I spent $42,000. on a Ranger that I am unable to enjoy. This could be the end of my relationship with Ford going forward. Will see where this goes.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
New on here, but got the news today that there is no part in sight for my XLT. Took it in to the dealer Monday 2/10/20 after taillights working/not working. Finally stopped working altogether. Call to dealer today only to tell me that no ETA on part and has no other information.
This is my fourth Ranger and I have had a Ford of some type(Mustang, Shelby, Explorer, etc) in my garage for the last 38 years. Highly offended by the way FMC is treating this issue and me as a customer. Makes me rather angry that I spent $42,000. on a Ranger that I am unable to enjoy. This could be the end of my relationship with Ford going forward. Will see where this goes.
My dealer fixed it in an hour and said he will call when the new part is availible. This is a minor problem, you need a new dealer I think.

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
Yeah idk.. I feel your pain. It's been over a month now they had my truck! I finally was able to talk to corporate customers service manager. Told her my concerns and frustrations. She said she would call me within the week with some answers. Again not holding my breath. Hopefully they will give you a comparable loner? Who knows how long this is going to go on. What a shit show!

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
My dealer fixed it in an hour and said he will call when the new part is availible. This is a minor problem, you need a new dealer I think.
Back in Sep/Oct when my dealer tried to repin my harness, it was still jacked up where i got stuck in 7th gear. Only fix for mine was whole new rear harness.

danjhill

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I can well relate! purchased a new Lariat on 12/27/19. Informed there was a recall and they could not release the truck. Part expected "first part of January". Mid January got a call from Sales....Great news...part arrived this am....an hour later, got another call....correct part ordered and sent, however part in package was the wrong one. Since then Ford has continued to send them parts (sometimes 10 at a time!!) FINALLY yesterday, I got a call....(After 48 days) that the part arrived and was installed and they delivered my truck. I am quite knowledgeable about auto supply chains.....the supply chain people, QA and component engineer for this item should be FIRED! Unacceptable. I too have been a converted Chevy person for 45 years, have purchased 11 high end vehicles for nearly $400,000. The dealership was so tickled that they renamed Valentines Day in my name. I hope the knot in my stomach will disappear now that I finally have my truck!!
From what I have seen and heard, parts are finally flowing, so hopefully yours will arrive soon. BTW: Ford "customer service" line was USELESS!!! Good Luck!

jmoatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
I can well relate! purchased a new Lariat on 12/27/19. Informed there was a recall and they could not release the truck. Part expected "first part of January". Mid January got a call from Sales....Great news...part arrived this am....an hour later, got another call....correct part ordered and sent, however part in package was the wrong one. Since then Ford has continued to send them parts (sometimes 10 at a time!!) FINALLY yesterday, I got a call....(After 48 days) that the part arrived and was installed and they delivered my truck. I am quite knowledgeable about auto supply chains.....the supply chain people, QA and component engineer for this item should be FIRED! Unacceptable. I too have been a converted Chevy person for 45 years, have purchased 11 high end vehicles for nearly $400,000. The dealership was so tickled that they renamed Valentines Day in my name. I hope the knot in my stomach will disappear now that I finally have my truck!!
From what I have seen and heard, parts are finally flowing, so hopefully yours will arrive soon. BTW: Ford "customer service" line was USELESS!!! Good Luck!
Sounds kind of like my experience except mine was bought a month earlier (11/26/19) and still isn't fixed. Finished up the paperwork and was pulling stuff out of the old vehicle to move over to the Ranger when the salesman said there was a recall that had just come out and it failed. Been sitting at the dealer ever since. Was also told parts would be available first of January, then it went to mid-January, then mid-February. Still no parts and approaching 3 months without the truck. Way to go Ford!

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
Hi all

just wanted to give an update since my prior post #204

Even after being told there was no ETA from Ford magically my part showed up on 2/13 and I picked my truck up on 2/14.

hopefully others parts are not too far behind.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Took mine for an oil change since I had the day off and it was due. I had them check the recall with the hopes that mine wouldn't have the issue. Well, so much for that. My truck failed the inspection and is currently awaiting parts. Dealer said it was the first one they had fail. Lucky me. I do appreciate that they took me in the shop to show me what they were looking for. They told me a few days before parts arrive. I hope they're right. I'm in a 2020 Escape in the meantime. They were out of courtesy trucks, naturally.

Side note: I had no known issues with my tail, brake, turn or reverse lights. I go to work at dark o'clock and have been watching for the brake light reflection which was always there.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Took mine for an oil change since I had the day off and it was due. I had them check the recall with the hopes that mine wouldn't have the issue. Well, so much for that. My truck failed the inspection and is currently awaiting parts. Dealer said it was the first one they had fail. Lucky me. I do appreciate that they took me in the shop to show me what they were looking for. They told me a few days before parts arrive. I hope they're right. I'm in a 2020 Escape in the meantime. They were out of courtesy trucks, naturally.

Side note: I had no known issues with my tail, brake, turn or reverse lights. I go to work at dark o'clock and have been watching for the brake light reflection which was always there.
you will know the turn signals will blink real fast
Sponsored