OP
OP
njdriver19

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
after a lot of research I went with Yakima, got the kit for the torno cover, yeah it is misspelled but ya know what I mean,

9E295D24-A862-4C49-8756-8FD95A122E42.jpeg

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Are you going with the Retrax? Which one?

OP
OP
njdriver19

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
As far as I know the Yakima is only compatible to one tonneau cover , offered the ford accessories & it is over $1000

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So in other words, Ford stole a product out by others already and slapped their name and model number on it and charging a lot more. Do they at least give you the cross bars? If so, might not be that bad.
Hi John,

Doubt Ford Stole anything. Licensing Agreement...most likely.... Just like the tailgate damper. Only purchasable through Ford for a period of time before DeeZee could then sell it as well. I found the Ford Tonneau I wanted was a Bak Flip Revolver MX4 and bought direct from Bak. Saved a few hundred...only thing was I did not get the Ford oval when rolled up against the backlite.

I ordered the Ford Bed Extender from a Ford Dealer and with the parts department it was cheaper than the Amp Research price I was going to pay...in this case I got the Ford oval on the bed extender.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi John,

Doubt Ford Stole anything. Licensing Agreement...most likely.... Just like the tailgate damper. Only purchasable through Ford for a period of time before DeeZee could then sell it as well. I found the Ford Tonneau I wanted was a Bak Flip Revolver MX4 and bought direct from Bak. Saved a few hundred...only thing was I did not get the Ford oval when rolled up against the backlite.

I ordered the Ford Bed Extender from a Ford Dealer and with the parts department it was cheaper than the Amp Research price I was going to pay...in this case I got the Ford oval on the bed extender.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I know. (But that cover was out by Retrax...) just like you mentioned, them acquiring parts. But sometimes is it the chicken or egg first. But what I did find out, there are a few companies using the same covers, tracks and containers. When I get caught up, there will be some experimenting. Ford prices are nuts sometimes.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
You want the Retrax cover to work with the Yakima rack. You will need an adapter sold by Yakima to mount the rack to the cover's rails. I'll post a link below.

https://yakima.com/products/tonneau-kit-1

I had that rack (Overhaul) but traded it for the Outpost, which is six inches shorter than the Overhaul (when the Overhaul is in the lowest position). I have 60" bars. You can see my setup in my profile pic.