commbubba19

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
um that is one nice truck I would for sure ry o ork some numbers in my favor before giving
up!!love that ford grill!!
couple things I don’t like is I think the lift is just a spacer lift.

not really worth their cost Quoted but I’m flexible there.

I don’t like the flares.

and my god the hood scoop is a real wtf
Sponsored

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
So I wasn’t aware of all the add ons. They counters at 36500 plus the add ons.

looks like I’ll keep looking.

DCC3DF49-143B-42AD-9B90-DAB3C22DEC1D.jpeg

FAB88C78-708E-4D9D-AFE7-F6C6D140999D.jpeg

BF2329B8-7E5A-4842-9FA8-4FB2B35BD332.jpeg

4DCB5992-FBE0-4261-92FC-AD8A38BF2316.jpeg
They countered at $36,500 plus the add ons of $6,812? So $43,312 plus tax and tags? IMHO, you'll never get a good deal on a truck that's already modded. It's the "curb appeal". The dealer is banking on someone WANTING that truck in a bad way. I bought an XLT 302A FX4 last June. No rebates and before dealer inventories were up to normal and still paid $37k out the door (about $34,500 before tax and tags) on a truck that stickered for $40,080. I don't know what the current market is. Yes the economy is down for most, but, I'd think supply vs demand could be low depending on where you live. Think about this. You could buy an XLT for a lot less than $36,500 and even if you paid $6,000 in the mods, you'd be able to sell your factory wheels and tires and save a few thousand in the end. I don't like the hood scoop or Raptor grill personally, but it's your money. Don't buy what you don't want.

OP
OP
commbubba19

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
I agree. Including labor I estimate they’re almost $1000 over on the mods.

plus as you pointed out they kept the factory wheels and tires which should be credited.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed on the internet that my local Delaware Ford dealer is offering vehicles roughly equivalent to my loaded 2019 Lariat FX4 for about 7,000.00 less than I paid for it in August. I don't regret buying when I did, because I have totally loved driving my truck in the interval, but the point is, with the pandemic, they are not moving much of anything and are desperate for sales, any sales, pretty much at any price. It is a buyer's market such as we may never see again in our lifetimes, so act that way and you will get upgraded features and save a pile of money at the same time!

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
couple things I don’t like is I think the lift is just a spacer lift.

not really worth their cost Quoted but I’m flexible there.

I don’t like the flares.

and my god the hood scoop is a real wtf looks pretty good from my house .bummer they overdid it then.it does look good from a computer screen.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
its the dealer add ons that jack the price up so much its that whole 'its only x dollars more a month' thing.... they price them at dealer cost plus a Huge markup and then installation on top of that - crazy

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
its the dealer add ons that jack the price up so much its that whole 'its only x dollars more a month' thing.... they price them at dealer cost plus a Huge markup and then installation on top of that - crazy
I could not agree more. This is why dealers want to talk payments rather than price. Oh, and lets not forget the add-ons in the finance department: doc fee, advertising fee, delivery fee over and above what is on the manufactures sticker, paint and fabric protection, gap insurance and the biggest money maker for the dealer - the extended warranty.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
They countered at $36,500 plus the add ons of $6,812? So $43,312 plus tax and tags? IMHO, you'll never get a good deal on a truck that's already modded. It's the "curb appeal". The dealer is banking on someone WANTING that truck in a bad way. I bought an XLT 302A FX4 last June. No rebates and before dealer inventories were up to normal and still paid $37k out the door (about $34,500 before tax and tags) on a truck that stickered for $40,080. I don't know what the current market is. Yes the economy is down for most, but, I'd think supply vs demand could be low depending on where you live. Think about this. You could buy an XLT for a lot less than $36,500 and even if you paid $6,000 in the mods, you'd be able to sell your factory wheels and tires and save a few thousand in the end. I don't like the hood scoop or Raptor grill personally, but it's your money. Don't buy what you don't want.
From past experience, there is not a good market for factory tires and wheels. Maybe you will get lucky, but I would not count on getting more than $300-$400 for the set.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I could not agree more. This is why dealers want to talk payments rather than price. Oh, and lets not forget the add-ons in the finance department: doc fee, advertising fee, delivery fee over and above what is on the manufactures sticker, paint and fabric protection, gap insurance and the biggest money maker for the dealer - the extended warranty.
agreed -- I shop based only on price and trade value (which I research extensively first) and will generally finance through my credit union so there are no back office add ons- I am blessed at this point in life to have excellent credit so I don't need to worry about that anymore --- . You could really see the frustration in the finance managers face and the sales managers face when I refused to give SSN or fill out a credit app at all; after a bit, they got with it and we made a deal that I am happy with.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
agreed -- I shop based only on price and trade value (which I research extensively first) and will generally finance through my credit union so there are no back office add ons- I am blessed at this point in life to have excellent credit so I don't need to worry about that anymore --- . You could really see the frustration in the finance managers face and the sales managers face when I refused to give SSN or fill out a credit app at all; after a bit, they got with it and we made a deal that I am happy with.
LOL, I’ll bet they were not happy with you. You show up with pre-approved financing, it is basically a cash deal for them. We all know they would much rather broker a loan than take cash. If you were financing, I would have given them a shot at beating the credit union. When I purchased my Mustang, I financed through my credit union and the finance guy at the dealership took care of the paperwork. The least he could do for the over-inflated doc feed I paid.

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
I got 0/72 and walked out at 34k (including doc and delivery but not taxes ) out the door on a 37995 + doc + delivery truck.

I would think your in the 36k price range not including dealer addons if your financing it thru 0/72 or 0/84. If your doing a cash/outside financing deal then I would 32k would be in the wheelhouse. Now if you wait til the end of the month and try to find a dealer wanting to unload units to hit a bonus you maybe able to push them farther.

Best of luck

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
I am seeing trucks 8-10K of MSRP, you may have to drive a few hours but it could save you thousands.
Sponsored