What's wrong with this truck? Price can NOT be correct!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hate dealerships! When I was looking for my truck back in February of 2020, there was a nice XL FX4 on the local lot advertised at an okay price. Well, I show up to negotiate on it, with an idea of out-the-door pricing, and I find the truck is advertised at one price, but they added nitrogen in the tires, a bed cover, floor mats, and tinted windows; so the price is just under $2,000 over what they advertised the truck for. Then they started subtracting dealer incentives and Ford discounts. The truck was roughly $46,000 out-the-door. For an XL, with rubber floors and no real options other than the FX4 package.

My wife's friend's husband works for CarMax, had a slightly used XLT FX4 brought down from Tennessee, and it had a build date of October 2019 (if I remember correctly). It was really low mileage, looked and smelled like a new truck. I ended up buying it for $29,900 out the door. The dealerships started calling me soon after wanting to unload all of these unsold 2019 Rangers and I already had one. HAHAHAHA
Sponsored

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
So, we're still looking at Rangers, even though we know exactly what we want (Lariat, Tremor Package, Tow Package). Still undecided on color, so when a new one comes in nearby, we like to check it out. Well, the local dealer just got in a 2021 Lariat with Black Package and it is SWEET looking. My wife even loved it and she is not wild about black vehicles. She really liked how the Ford emblem was black, the FX4 decal on the box was black and grey (instead of red), the full running boards, etc. Anyway, every single 2021 on their lot has the exact same discount: $1750. This one, a tad bit more. The actual MSRP on the sticker is $45,520. They've added the usual dealer BS stuff (VIN etching, whatever...) to increase the price to $47,411. They are showing the price at $41,452. Even working from actual MSRP, that is a discount of over $4000 on a brand new 2021 and that would be including all their add-ons for free. I haven't seen anyone advertising a discount like this on a 21, and I look at dealer websites all over the country. Not even close.

This is pretty much the truck I thought I was getting before they announced the Tremor last September. Makes it real tempting, for sure.

Has anyone seen an advertised price like this?

1614278737790.png

1614278794788.png
AWE! Just Buy It.....If that is what you Like.....Life is too Short!

Tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
Lol. Ya. I’m happy with the price already. But, maybe , just maybe, they’ll have a special deal going.
Yep....and maybe if you wait long enough, it’ll be sitting in your neighbor’s driveway. Instead of spending another $1,000 worth of anxiety to save another $500 on the price, I’d probably just go down there and tell them “shut up and take my money....”

Last edited:

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
Yep....and maybe if you wait long enough, it’ll be sitting in your neighbor’s driveway. Instead of spending another $1,000 worth of anxiety to save another $500 on the price, I’d probably just go down there and tell them “shut up and take my money....”
The truck is on order so I can’t take advantage of any offers until it arrives at the dealer. That’s why I said hopefully they’ll have some good offers In two months. If the truck was here, it’d have it stuck in a Mud hole already
Sponsored