What's wrong with this truck? Price can NOT be correct!

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
So, we're still looking at Rangers, even though we know exactly what we want (Lariat, Tremor Package, Tow Package). Still undecided on color, so when a new one comes in nearby, we like to check it out. Well, the local dealer just got in a 2021 Lariat with Black Package and it is SWEET looking. My wife even loved it and she is not wild about black vehicles. She really liked how the Ford emblem was black, the FX4 decal on the box was black and grey (instead of red), the full running boards, etc. Anyway, every single 2021 on their lot has the exact same discount: $1750. This one, a tad bit more. The actual MSRP on the sticker is $45,520. They've added the usual dealer BS stuff (VIN etching, whatever...) to increase the price to $47,411. They are showing the price at $41,452. Even working from actual MSRP, that is a discount of over $4000 on a brand new 2021 and that would be including all their add-ons for free. I haven't seen anyone advertising a discount like this on a 21, and I look at dealer websites all over the country. Not even close.

This is pretty much the truck I thought I was getting before they announced the Tremor last September. Makes it real tempting, for sure.

Has anyone seen an advertised price like this?

1614278737790.png

1614278794788.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Could be courtesy car with some miles on it???
I didn't check the od but it sure didn't look like it. This just showed up on their website last week and they have it inside the showroom. About the only blemish we saw was a stone in the tire tread! :D

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
It's the only Lariat on their lot so it has a higher msrp to begin with so a larger discount. It's their discount so it means as little or as much as you think it does.. lol

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
You may not qualify for the entire $6,000 discount. That number includes all of the available promotions. Also, does this dealer charge bs dealer fees? The only number that matters is what you pay OTD.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You may not qualify for the entire $6,000 discount. That number includes all of the available promotions. Also, does this dealer charge bs dealer fees? The only number that matters is what you pay OTD.
I get that, JJ. But, the discount is SO much greater than their other vehicles. If they were putting up a BS number (that you "may or may not qualify for"), I would expect them to do that for all vehicles across the board.

Truly, I have no experience with this dealer, as I'm rather new to the area. They are under new management and changing the name of the dealership, but that's about all I know of them.

I did try to call them to see about the miles on it but haven't heard back from the salesperson yet.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Ordering The Damper? :LOL:
I’ll show myself out...

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
not sure when they took the dealer pics, but it's got way low miles, so if its current, its not a demo.
1614283591802.png

I'd offer them $500 less as punishment for putting chrome lugs on a blacked out truck.
There was no chrome anywhere on this truck that we saw. That would have stood out like a sore thumb!

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
I’m sure that price is correct. I ordered a tremor lariat and my price out the door was 423xx. You may even get it cheaper. I had some Ford cash I didn’t know about. How I got my price down.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I’m sure that price is correct. I ordered a tremor lariat and my price out the door was 423xx. You may even get it cheaper. I had some Ford cash I didn’t know about. How I got my price down.
What was the MSRP, if I may ask?

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. I live in Michigan and all the dealers in the Detroit area add every discount in their pricing such as A and X plan discounts. Granted 80% don't qualify for it but the have it on all vehicles.

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a good deal...snatch it up. On some lots Ranger Lariats sit due to the high MSRP.... people pick a lesser equipped F150 instead.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Like stated above the higher the trim, and the more options on the truck will give a bigger discount. However, that doesn't stop a dealer from slipping something in there that you may not qualify for. We have a dealer in the Charlotte area that will show prices of 5-6K off sticker, but when you read the fine print the price goes back to the average discount for the area. And, you also have to consider the Doc Fees. The same dealer I talked about has a $789 Doc Fee, and the BS add on's price of $778. I wouldn't even darken their doors because of that.