What's wrong with this truck? Price can NOT be correct!

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I cant stand the purchase process on a car. I just don't like how they manipulate the numbers to just get you to focus on the monthly payment. I guess when most of there customers buy a car every 3 to 4 years, all that maters to them is the monthly payment.

I got X plan and we did some back and forth mainly with not wanting to paying for dealer addons, and a trade until I agreed to the numbers then it was like they were in a race to see how fast they could get me out of there. I finally had to tell them to slow down and that I was going home and would deal with it when they actually got the truck from there sister dealer
Yep. That was one of the things that made me realize I was not dealing with a straight-up dealership yesterday. I told the salesperson EXACTLY what the situation was, exactly what my typical lease terms were (36 months, 12k/yr, no money into lease, etc.). It couldn't have been any more straight forward than this. Then, 10 minutes later, I get a phone call where they want to know what kind of payment I am shooting for!!! Are you freaking kidding me? What does that have to do with YOU DOING YOUR JOB and pricing the lease out, other than "we want to keep as much money for ourselves and if you tell us a high enough payment, we can do that!" At that point, I knew there would be zero chance and I was correct. And, sadly, you are correct with your assumption. Most customers are ignorant enough to tip their hand and show the dealer exactly what he has to work with.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There are a lot of HPR and Lightning Blue’s around here. I have seen 1 Iconic Silver coming out of Fort Rucker...What a BEAUTIFUL Ranger! :turkey:
I'm so torn on color. I thought it was black. Then, we saw the Velocity Blue and the Cyber Orange and loved them both, especially with all the black on the Tremor. So, black was out. Then, we saw the black one this week (not a Tremor, but FX4 with Black Package) and my heart just jumped again. So, black is in. Until next week. smdh :D

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I remember when I first started looking, there was a 19 Pepper Red that I was checking out on the local lot...sold just before I pulled trigger...another about 45 miles away, same deal, price...sold same day as the local one. Oh well!!:crazy: (I am glad I got the Iconic Silver now).
That silver is a great color. We really like it in the Tremor. Even though it's my fourth favorite, all four are fabulous in the Tremor. As a matter of fact, my background on my laptop is all four colors of Tremor from the Build-and-Price so I can change my mind every five minutes. :D I would take it in a heartbeat if that's what was available!

1614449421133.png

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm so torn on color. I thought it was black. Then, we saw the Velocity Blue and the Cyber Orange and loved them both, especially with all the black on the Tremor. So, black was out. Then, we saw the black one this week (not a Tremor, but FX4 with Black Package) and my heart just jumped again. So, black is in. Until next week. smdh :D
I know what you mean. The color choice was the MOST agonizing part. :crackup: I hated Saber from the moment I saw it. Really liked the Platinum White, but husband wanted Lightning Blue. Since I had to wait a few months before husband would let me order, I grew to LOVE the Saber. To me, the Ranger is such a good-looking truck, that it looks great in EVERY color!

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Yep. That was one of the things that made me realize I was not dealing with a straight-up dealership yesterday.
Well, now you're starting to realize why I ended up driving 200 miles North of you to get my truck. I think the best pricing is along the I4 and 95 north of Daytona. I hate driving down to MIA so didn't consider anything S of PBI.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well, now you're starting to realize why I ended up driving 200 miles North of you to get my truck. I think the best pricing is along the I4 and 95 north of Daytona. I hate driving down to MIA so didn't consider anything S of PBI.
Well, I told the guy right from the start that our lease expires in June when we will be back up in Michigan (and that's where I would be getting my truck) and I would give him a chance to change my mind. Nope, didn't do that. No worries, though. Nothing spent but a small amount of time.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
im amazed at how some threads continue to live.....
But the same 15 people who divert every thread with posts about dampers are cool, though, am I right?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason I thought of lip dampers...

1614543731815.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been going back n forth between colors with my Bronco too. It's probably going to be white (90% sure) as it hide the dust and scratches better. But after watching the latest KOH video and seeing the Area51 I'm now leaning towards that. Although the pic below looks great it will show every little scratch. Next year they will add new colors and I get to start all over again! :crazy:

IMG_3636.jpg

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've been going back n forth between colors with my Bronco too. It's probably going to be white (90% sure) as it hide the dust and scratches better. But after watching the latest KOH video and seeing the Area51 I'm now leaning towards that. Although the pic below looks great it will show every little scratch. Next year they will add new colors and I get to start all over again! :crazy:

IMG_3636.jpg
That color is simply awesome! I love white vehicles and have had a few but down here in FL, there must be 10 white pickups for 1 of any other color and many of them are work trucks. That made our decision for us. The first Bronco Sport I saw was this one when I was up in Michigan over Christmas and I spun around so fast to get a look at it! I would definitely go with that Area 51!!!

1614549215854.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That color is simply awesome! I love white vehicles and have had a few but down here in FL, there must be 10 white pickups for 1 of any other color and many of them are work trucks. That made our decision for us. The first Bronco Sport I saw was this one when I was up in Michigan over Christmas and I spun around so fast to get a look at it! I would definitely go with that Area 51!!!

1614549215854.png
Yeah every vehicle here is either white or silver but for what I want to use my Bronco for it might be the safest choice. I've yet to see the Area51 in person or even a Bronco Sport. Glad I still have plenty of time to decide and the Bronco's should be hitting the street mid to late June so it'll be nice to see the colors in person.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah every vehicle here is either white or silver but for what I want to use my Bronco for it might be the safest choice. I've yet to see the Area51 in person or even a Bronco Sport. Glad I still have plenty of time to decide and the Bronco's should be hitting the street mid to late June so it'll be nice to see the colors in person.
I've never spent money on one so I really don't know the answer to this, but what about those clear-coats they try to sell you that supposedly protect your paint and make the dirt/dust just rinse right off? If those really do work, it might be worth it to get the color you really like. (?)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've never spent money on one so I really don't know the answer to this, but what about those clear-coats they try to sell you that supposedly protect your paint and make the dirt/dust just rinse right off? If those really do work, it might be worth it to get the color you really like. (?)
I thought about doing the PFF but I don't know how well/long it'll hold up out here. The sun here just kills everything over time so that's something I'm going to have to look into as far as the UV protection. Another thought is having a really good ceramic coating put on which will help with the light scratches. One good thing is that the doors are removable and the fender flares should help keep some of the brush away.

Have you decided what you're going to do in getting a truck yet?

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I thought about doing the PFF but I don't know how well/long it'll hold up out here. The sun here just kills everything over time so that's something I'm going to have to look into as far as the UV protection. Another thought is having a really good ceramic coating put on which will help with the light scratches. One good thing is that the doors are removable and the fender flares should help keep some of the brush away.

Have you decided what you're going to do in getting a truck yet?
My leased Explorer ends at the end of June. The plan is to order our Tremor sometime next month so it's ready by then, but I'm calling my dealer in Michigan this week to see what incentives look like.
Sponsored