Wrong door handle

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
It happens I suppose. I wonder if that handle was prepped for paint but never got paint or clear?

Our Ranger left rear window trim was half popped out, not sure how that made it through QC but figured the same way we didn't notice it till the truck was home.

When I was a Benz tech, during a PDI I saw a C-Class with a passenger front cloth seat when only leather was offered in the USA. That had a plastic protector when it arrived so I suspect QC could not really see that until the cover was removed. Had to send the factory pics and such.

[AT

download_20210427_021537 (2).jpg
at least it apears the door handles match
Sponsored

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
That's the first quality issue I've seen on these Rangers.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Heh.. And here mine just had more water leaks than a sieve..

Bought my 2022 Lariat Tremor on Saturday and had a funny feeling this afternoon that something wasn’t right.

Then I realized that one of the door handles doesn’t match the other three… SMH

F0E4EBE5-5F0D-4F2A-8176-3396E9D96848.jpeg
I can see the QC guy now..

community-ken-jeong.gif

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
It happens I suppose. I wonder if that handle was prepped for paint but never got paint or clear?

Our Ranger left rear window trim was half popped out, not sure how that made it through QC but figured the same way we didn't notice it till the truck was home.

When I was a Benz tech, during a PDI I saw a C-Class with a passenger front cloth seat when only leather was offered in the USA. That had a plastic protector when it arrived so I suspect QC could not really see that until the cover was removed. Had to send the factory pics and such.

download_20210427_021537 (2).jpg
Guess I'll add that to the ole check list when the time comes lol
I know the guy that does the PDI so hopefully he gives it a good going over.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Maybe they mean the other Ford. You know - the one on a parallel Earth/multiverse?.
? Must be where they built my last 14 new Fords!;)

Fact is, the way things are going, I'm moving there as soon as my interdementional passport comes through!
(Of course, with our bureaucracy, that too will have to come from the parallel Earth/multiverse) :giggle:

Last edited:

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Bought my 2022 Lariat Tremor on Saturday and had a funny feeling this afternoon that something wasn’t right.

Then I realized that one of the door handles doesn’t match the other three… SMH

F0E4EBE5-5F0D-4F2A-8176-3396E9D96848.jpeg
Built ford tough?

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
This thread is starting to remind me of a particular Johnny Cash song. Which may the future of how vehicles are assembled!

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I start off with a teaser, but a doozie...
I got assigned a job on a brand new '77 Cougar XR-7 whose 351M engine shook like a SOB, accompanied with a horrendous clatter in it's lower end. The engine shook so badly when idling that the hood would not stay raised.
Called the shop foreman over to look at it, he told me to scope it then run a compression test on it.
Sure enough, one of the cylinders was completely dead, I've forgotten exactly which one it was.
Yanked the head on the dead cylinder side and I could not believe what I saw.
The dead cylinder was missing it's piston and rod!
Called my buddy (and partner in crime) over to have a look, he tells me "how the f***k did you yank the piston without dropping the oil pan?" I responded "dude, it never had a piston to begin with!"
That job wound up with putting a new short block in it, the crank rod journal was beat to crap because of the opposite cylinder rod danced sideways everyway possible.
The car was actually delivered in that condition, our body shop guys used to PDI all the new cars.
The salesman who sold it, true to car salesman form, actually told the customer "she'll smoothen out once it's broken in"...lol
Back in the 70's I worked for a shop that did service work at a Ford Dealership I knew one of the mechanics very well. One day he called me over & showed me the exact same issue with a new LTD. Must have been a thing back in the ( Good Ole Days).:crazy: Daves not home man.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That sucks and I'm sure it will get fixed at no cost to you. No offense but looking at that handle, how did you miss that when you took delivery? Especially how much it stands out against the shine of the truck. It looks like a part from a junk yard that has been sitting in the sun for years.

OP
OP
nate237

nate237

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Solutions Architect
That sucks and I'm sure it will get fixed at no cost to you. No offense but looking at that handle, how did you miss that when you took delivery? Especially how much it stands out against the shine of the truck. It looks like a part from a junk yard that has been sitting in the sun for years.
competely fair question. It was dealer stock and it’s been rainy here in Oklahoma and it was dirty. It was cleaned up right before we left (two hours to home).

as I mentioned before I asked my wife if she could see what was wrong and she never found it (and she’s good at finding weird little things). Looking at each individual door it didn’t really stand out. Especially when wet.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
at least it apears the door handles match
haha yeah but man, that OP unit looks like a used one at worst and at best, a handle that never got paint which is probably different than the ones intended for the matte finish.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I think Phil can attest to this:

It is my understanding that when a vehicle comes down the line for trim fitting, the part that is in a particular bin is going onto that car no matter what...

This would explain why that Monarch sedan I saw had the wrong color dashboard installed.

It does not explain, however, why the proper color dash was found lounging in the trunk!
Sponsored