Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I was looking at another Lariat and noticed their door doesn't have a button. But mine does. They both work exactly alike though. Does anyone notice this?? The only difference is the colors. The other was Silver,

The key hole is the same on both (I took a pic of the rear door on the silver

My truck was built in March. The Ingot Silver Lariat was built in February

20190509_111050.jpg

20190509_111059.jpg
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was built in March and looks like the second one. Wondering if the chrome package has something to do with it?

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Might be due to the chrome handles? Typically, chrome door handles are a stick-on type of cover that goes over the door handle. The button may be necessary since touching the door handle to lock the doors won't transfer through the chrome trim.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Might be due to the chrome handles? Typically, chrome door handles are a stick-on type of cover that goes over the door handle. The button may be necessary since touching the door handle to lock the doors won't transfer through the chrome trim.
this. I'd expect the keyless unlock circuitry needs a window through the chrome.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So I was looking at another Lariat and noticed their door doesn't have a button. But mine does. They both work exactly alike though. Does anyone notice this?? The only difference is the colors. The other was Silver,

My truck was built in March. The Ingot Silver Lariat was built in February

20190509_111050.jpg

20190509_111059.jpg
Same packages etc as yours. Mine is just like your top pic Ingot Silver Chrome Package Lariat.
Small button on the face of handle and larger one on the back side to activate the Intelligent Access function.

Pluto

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Anybody have any experience with door handle covers? I have an XLT with the sport appearance package but would like to have my door handles magnetic gray instead of the factory blah plastique. I’m thinking of picking up a set of black plastic covers, sanding them down, and painting with a can of magnetic gray spray paint (automotive grade) from Autozone. Thoughts? Opinions? Snide remarks?

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have any experience with door handle covers? I have an XLT with the sport appearance package but would like to have my door handles magnetic gray instead of the factory blah plastique. I’m thinking of picking up a set of black plastic covers, sanding them down, and painting with a can of magnetic gray spray paint (automotive grade) from Autozone. Thoughts? Opinions? Snide remarks?
I am thinking of just painting the factory door handles shiny black like the truck. With a little sanding , priming and a few coats of lacquer, I think they would come out pretty good.

Pluto

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I am thinking of just painting the factory door handles shiny black like the truck. With a little sanding , priming and a few coats of lacquer, I think they would come out pretty good.
If you do that, let us know how it turns out. I’m not brave enough to sand the OEM handles and paint them.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
The paint and hardened clear coat I used on my grille is automotive paint in a rattle can. A little more expensive, but will outlast a paint and lacquer from the local auto parts store. No, I do not have a vested interest in R&E Paint Supply, just used their products a few times with great results. Their 2K clear coat has a hardener and is more UV protective than lacquer. I'm one of those "If you're gonna do it, do it right the first time" kinda guy.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
The paint and hardened clear coat I used on my grille is automotive paint in a rattle can. A little more expensive, but will outlast a paint and lacquer from the local auto parts store. No, I do not have a vested interest in R&E Paint Supply, just used their products a few times with great results. Their 2K clear coat has a hardener and is more UV protective than lacquer. I'm one of those "If you're gonna do it, do it right the first time" kinda guy.
Agree 100 percent. No cheap paint for me. I have painted quite a few auto parts over the years, valve covers, calipers, 2019 Ranger engine shroud . All with good results. My truck being black, matching the color should not be an issue.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Mine was built in March and looks like the second one. Wondering if the chrome package has something to do with it?
Same here. Also platinum white.
Sponsored