Wow... never noticed that before

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Congratulations, I haven't seen my paint since February 5th.

:)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I did find a couple small bits of garbage in the paint in mine, but it doesn't bother me - It is a truck after all and if I hadn't seen it for two months and only saw it because I was clay barring the paint, it can't be too bad.

I have two thoughts on paint issues like this:
  1. It is an expensive truck (44k+ in my case), and it should be almost perfect paint at that price point.
  2. After painting a few cars, it amazes me that mass produced vehicles paint jobs are as good as they are. It is SO easy to get something in wet paint. I guess I'm saying I'm very impressed at the quality that they do produce at the volume they produce them. It may not be perfect, but it is REALLY good. If you want a PERFECT paint job, you can spend 10 grand or more easily.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A few blemishes in the paint won't compare to the door dings and scratches you'll accumulate over the years.
Very, very, true. Especially if you use it as a truck.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Yeah the paint on mine has some garbage and defects in it that I wished wasn’t there .. I had a bigger problem with the factory stamping of the body panels, I’ve been to a paintless dent repair man twice over spots in the doors that wasnt perfect

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Why should the paint be better on the high dollar models. You got all those gadgets for your money. Lol

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I got hail damage on my truck right after I got it. Not terrible though so I took the $600 insurance check and bought some goodies for my motorcycle. I’m a firm believe in “it’s just a truck” it won’t perform any different if it has a few small dents that are hard to see anyway. Plan on having it for 20+ years

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why should the paint be better on the high dollar models. You got all those gadgets for your money. Lol
I didn't say it should be - just that expectations are higher when you spend more. But all the trucks should really come with a quality paint job, and I think they do - I don't think it has to be PERFECT - I'm not sure that is a realistic goal for a mass produced vehicle. But the paint jobs are VERY GOOD.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a paint spot on my hood. Extremely small. I could wet sand it out but it's too small to bother me. If it is a bother. Get some 1500 Grit and wet sand it.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have dirt under paint around pinhead spot on a door.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A few blemishes in the paint won't compare to the door dings and scratches you'll accumulate over the years.
That doesn't excuse paint issues on a $40K truck or $25K truck. Let's not even go to panel fit. :)
This is where the Tacoma shines.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The Ranger has the FASTEST accelerating resume mode I've ever seen in a car or truck. I use S mode exclusively and when I have cruise set for say 50mph, at the light I accelerate to 20, hit resume and my Ranger out accelerates most other cars unless they're really trying to race:LOL:

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has two spots with debris in the paint... rear corner.. and front.. plus the driver door is not lined up with the rear door and the rear door closes harder than the rest. There was a chip in the drivers door jamb ( very small so they had it touched up with a guy out in the back of the dealer who detailed and did body work. That looks good.
Acceptable no... my last rangers wernt perfect but they were used. none of my new cars ever had junk in the paint....live with it... I'll have to

I'll bet my first ranger ( 1985 ) was not far off from good paint too and the window sticker on that one ( they left it in the glove when I bought it ) had a whopping price tag of 9k lol

Last edited:

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
:like:
The Ranger has the FASTEST accelerating resume mode I've ever seen in a car or truck. I use S mode exclusively and when I have cruise set for say 50mph, at the light I accelerate to 20, hit resume and my Ranger out accelerates most other cars unless they're really trying to race:LOL:
It's fast because of all that Star Wars lighting you got happenin there Warp speed.
Sponsored