First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I normally keep my vehicles around 3 years. Thats approaching as of July 2024. I’m in no rush. I am beginning my research now. I’m an A-plan buyer. Because of that, there is no “bargaining” that will get me anything better. I typically factory order so I get exactly what I want.

I’m driving a 2021 Lariat Tremor now.
I had a Ranger Raptor in my sights. The price on these is is crazy - $82,000cad.
This would push the purchase back another year probably.
A Ranger with a crew cab and 6’ bed sure would be nice.
I’ve also begun to look at F-150s again. I do like the space and comfort for the longer road trips we are taking. Here I can get a Tremor or Lariat for less than the Ranger Raptor. Time to hit up the build & price page.

This rabbit hole isn’t so bad, the welcoming committee is nice.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good Luck Dan.

Man, I break out in a cold sweat whenever I look at the Build & Price site. 😀 I‘ll choose something for $200 and it tells me I need the “bend over package” for $1,900. ☹ After a few of those, I usually give up. 😀

Have fun figuring it out. 👍

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I normally keep my vehicles around 3 years. Thats approaching as of July 2024. I’m in no rush. I am beginning my research now. I’m an A-plan buyer. Because of that, there is no “bargaining” that will get me anything better. I typically factory order so I get exactly what I want.

I’m driving a 2021 Lariat Tremor now.
I had a Ranger Raptor in my sights. The price on these is is crazy - $82,000cad.
This would push the purchase back another year probably.
A Ranger with a crew cab and 6’ bed sure would be nice.
I’ve also begun to look at F-150s again. I do like the space and comfort for the longer road trips we are taking. Here I can get a Tremor or Lariat for less than the Ranger Raptor. Time to hit up the build & price page.

This rabbit hole isn’t so bad, the welcoming committee is nice.
While the Raptors look cool, I doubt you will be able to order one for a while. They made (or are making) an initial run of 3000, which sound like they are all spoken for, but who knows. As far as I know they haven't even approved the 2024s to be released as of yet, so even ordering a regular Ranger will take a while.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
While the Raptors look cool, I doubt you will be able to order one for a while. They made (or are making) an initial run of 3000, which sound like they are all spoken for, but who knows. As far as I know they haven't even approved the 2024s to be released as of yet, so even ordering a regular Ranger will take a while.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
I had a day 2 reservation for the new Bronco - I know patience 🤪

No rush, and it sounds like I may not have a choice IF I stay with a Ranger. But that F-150… The centre console has more storage than all of the Ranger. A little tougher to park, but I’ve owned 4 others between 1997-2018. Have you seen the parts support for the F-150 compared to the Ranger? I’m not excited to spend $72k+ though. I actually like the Ranger better. I think the next vehicle will be a longer-term purchase though.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I just like them under warranty, fewer squeaks, newest features & tech, fresh colour. I like my kids to wonder if there will be any inheritance. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Man, Wish I did that with my wife.

Hope she never logs into my PC...

rapid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2022 Explorer Timberline,
" I actually like the Ranger better. I think the next vehicle will be a longer-term purchase though."
Keep the Tremor long term. Save some cash and don't pay 72000+.....MTC.

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
" I actually like the Ranger better. I think the next vehicle will be a longer-term purchase though."
Keep the Tremor long term. Save some cash and don't pay 72000+.....MTC.

That’s up for consideration.
Now, if my OF takes off…

Potlickr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ironworker
I drove a new Tundra about 600km in one day for work

If you’re wanting spend some big bucks, that’s a nice truck. Lots of power out of the new twin turbo motor

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I drove a new Tundra about 600km in one day for work

If you’re wanting spend some big bucks, that’s a nice truck. Lots of power out of the new twin turbo motor
Not here to bash any other brands. There are a lot of nice options out there. I’ll be driving something with a blue oval.

Potlickr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ironworker
Not here to bash any other brands. There are a lot of nice options out there. I’ll be driving something with a blue oval.
What makes you want to stick with Ford?

I had a 2017 Tacoma. It was a horrible truck. This XLT Ranger I have is much better in a lot of ways. I find it to be much better off road.. and I don’t have to put it in 4L to use the diff lock…

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
What makes you want to stick with Ford?

I had a 2017 Tacoma. It was a horrible truck. This XLT Ranger I have is much better in a lot of ways. I find it to be much better off road.. and I don’t have to put it in 4L to use the diff lock…
I won’t go into all the little details. But there’s a reason I qualify for A-Plan. And for that reason, I’m loyal.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I won’t go into all the little details. But there’s a reason I qualify for A-Plan. And for that reason, I’m loyal.
The x-plan is one of the big reasons I went with the ranger. 😂

I have said it from the day I ordered it, I don't like how it looks, but function over for.towing, payload and the included safety features were a big win. The fact that I didn't have to haggle to get a decent price, and the order process was easy enough. Heck, I had never driven a ranger until the day I picked the truck up... I wish it had more features - 360 cameras, bed camera, brake controller built in, full digital dash... I don't need the crazy stuff, yet, like front lockers, under ody cameras, camera washers (in looking at you Colorado at4x)...

I wanted a f150, but I couldn't justify the 70k+ to be close to as capable (package wise) as the ranger. And I didn't NEED it, I just liked the seats and interior better....
Sponsored