Wireless CarPlay dongles?

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Not trying to add to the mystery but I also have Waze I NEVER use it but it is in my group of selected CarPlay apps…..
Sponsored

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I use Waze with apple car play and it works fine?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
There has been a pretty well noted issue about Waze and CarPlay not playing nice. It doesn't affect everyone, but those who do see a problem generally resolve it by deleting Waze from their phone.

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I've had a horrible experience with Waze in this truck. It seemed to consistently freeze the screen, even when not in use for navigation, so I deleted it from my phone. Carplay seems more stable now.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to add to the mystery but I also have Waze I NEVER use it but it is in my group of selected CarPlay apps…..
Waze is the ONLY nav I use...nothing beats peer driven updates for smart routing around congested areas and also identifies police activities...

Last edited:

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
interesting you say that bc just yesterday someone told me I sounded quiet through wireless CarPlay and it seemed to help when I spoke into the phone mic. Will delete Waze and try again. I like Waze functionality but ever since google bought them out I’ve kind of been looking for a reason to get rid of it and just go with Apple Maps (admittedly inferior).

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I'm on my 2nd wireless carplay adapter, I thought the Carlink kit 2.0 was bad and bought another brand, but it's looking more like flaky USB ports in the truck. It will work flawlessly 90% of the time then it won't even recognize the adapter or wired way of connection. It doesn't matter if I'm plugged into the right or left plug. Once I power the truck down, it sometimes comes back right away, sometimes it's the next day after the truck has completley shut down, since the USB ports stay active for a while after the truck is shut down. I wish there was a way to have the USB ports turn off quickly once I shut the truck off or maybe a way to toggle the ports off and on. Has anyone seen anything in Forscan to shorten the time it stays powered on?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
interesting you say that bc just yesterday someone told me I sounded quiet through wireless CarPlay and it seemed to help when I spoke into the phone mic. Will delete Waze and try again. I like Waze functionality but ever since google bought them out I’ve kind of been looking for a reason to get rid of it and just go with Apple Maps (admittedly inferior).
waze has too many ads these days and I like how Apple Maps works with Siri. I always get where I’m going, occasionally faster than google maps users. Waze was great on my motorcycle because of the always on speedometer, but I find it to be lacking lately.

OP
OP

Minh Pham

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2020
Occupation
driver
Carlinkit 4.0 has been released. Just got a newsletter, with a 18% OFF coupon send to me. Here‘s the one for who that interested.
18% MBF CHRIS PRO CODE.jpg

From what I know before using 3.0, calinkit4.0 is an upgraded version of 3.0, which adds a wireless Android auto function on the basis of the original. So basically it’s a rebadged version of the 3.0 with some stability and performance optimizations. Maybe it is good news for users of Android phones.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay/?zz=gy

Reactions: JJG

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I have a ATOTO in my ranger there was some delayed in calls - but once I did an update the thing works great - make sure to try an update your device to the latest firmware if you have any issues. I ended up getting my wife an Ottocast and that also works great - Love wireless CarPlay and highly recommend these devices. It will also help your iPhone to last longer as your not always plugging it in for short trips

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Carlinkit 4.0 has been released. Just got a newsletter, with a 18% OFF coupon send to me. Here‘s the one for who that interested.
18% MBF CHRIS PRO CODE.jpg

From what I know before using 3.0, calinkit4.0 is an upgraded version of 3.0, which adds a wireless Android auto function on the basis of the original. So basically it’s a rebadged version of the 3.0 with some stability and performance optimizations. Maybe it is good news for users of Android phones.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay/?zz=gy
This discount is still valid.
Sponsored