Winter tires?

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I searched this thread to see if it had been posted. A tire shop recommended siping for my tires and I'm amazed how well they do on ice.
I'll probably have it done on the stock Ranger tires when I get it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
A Blizzak package from Tirerack with steelies and tpms sensors will set one back $1130.00 plus tax if applicable
While that may be true, it can be done for FAR less. I bought 2019 Lariat 18" Take-Offs for $250 (all four) with sensors and tires. My Continental Viking Contact 7's cost me $400 for all four (ebay special), and getting them mounted/balanced will be $15/tire. I'll be just under $800 for a full extra set of wheels and tires - dedicated winter.

You can also opt to swap out for $60 twice per year. Factor in the cost of the rims if you buy NEW and you probably wont break even for 4 or 5 years. All depends on how long you're keeping your rig I guess.

All thats to say you can pick up Winter tires for $400-$1200 depending on brand and be driving safer for yourself and others on the road.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

MarkAS

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger Tremor
They quoted me various sizes in the store. I told her I was going from 17” stock to 16” steelies, and she was okay with that.
Cool, thank you. What was your turnaround time from ordering in store and getting them installed? Trying to aim for 3rd/4th week in Nov as I'm bouncing between a couple of work trips right now.

OP
OP
Danager

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Cool, thank you. What was your turnaround time from ordering in store and getting them installed? Trying to aim for 3rd/4th week in Nov as I'm bouncing between a couple of work trips right now.
I ordered through Canadian Tire. The Yokohamas showed up the next day. I dropped off the steel wheels to have those mounted. Went back and waited about an hour to have them put on the truck.
This all goes out the window with the first snowfall. Edmonton had snow yesterday.
Sponsored