First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Logistics consulting
Took a stone to the lower d/s corner of my windshield last summer. With the cold weather the cracks ran and I need to replace the windshield soon. I called the glass shop and they had issues identifying the proper replacement. Finally, they say that the proper replacement has the words “Ford Ranger” across the top edge?? I have a 2019 Lariat with most of the options, but no windshield lettering. Did Ford do a substitution or something. What they describe seems more like a Tremor package item??
anyone have any insights or I’d glass shop just not properly identifying the proper replacement?
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Mine had Ranger on it (2020 XLT Sport) and when I needed a replacement the windshield guy that Ford outsources to told me the Ranger labeled windshield is the OEM and the one without is a knockoff that costs a few hundred less. Iirc it is thinner or something, which is why I got the Ranger labeled replacement despite the price.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My 2019 XLT came with Ranger on the windshield. Replaced it with the same OEM glass. Didn’t pay to “recalibrate” the camera and adaptive cruise / lane assist works fine.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
My 2021 has Ranger @ the bottom, my 2011 had Ranger in large letters accross the top.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Replaced my glass last summer after a chip that turned into a crack before I could get it repaired.
I went with a local shop I've done business with in the past. OEM replacement cost about $1000 out the door. Could have bought an import windshield for about $300 less but they said they couldn't guarantee the camera calibration as they've had problems with them in the past.
Mine has "Ranger" on the bottom like the picture #airline tech posted above.

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have several chips in mine and need to get it replaced. My insurance has free windshield replacement. My biggest concern has been getting an OEM windshield. I guess I need to check with Insurance and see if they will pay for the OEM one.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have several chips in mine and need to get it replaced. My insurance has free windshield replacement. My biggest concern has been getting an OEM windshield. I guess I need to check with Insurance and see if they will pay for the OEM one.
They will if you opted for glass coverage.
I have had several Ranger windshields replaced by Safelite. $0 out of pocket. OEM "Ranger" branded windshields. Calibrations done by techs. Everything works just fine.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have had several Ranger windshields replaced by Safelite. $0 out of pocket. OEM "Ranger" branded windshields. Calibrations done by techs. Everything works just fine.
Yup....most insurance companies have a "add on" for replacing the windshield. Our Travelers add on for both the Ranger and wife's Subi Outback runs an extra $48 per year with a $50 dollar deductible. Can't beat it for piece of mind.

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked my policy. It’s deductible $0.00. Glad to know you can get the OEM branded windshields!

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Don't think I could trust a shop that had issues with identifying your correct windshield. I have replaced mine twice and made sure they installed the correct one, Ranger lettering at the bottom.

OP
OP

Willier

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Logistics consulting
Shop properly identified the windshield…I had never noticed the Ranger logo at the bottom of the glass…Finally found it today as it’s hidden under the wipers…Who knew

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Also it has sound qualities if you ever noticed the words written on it, SoundScreen® acoustic windshields and doors are specifically engineered performance parts installed in nearly all Ford and Lincoln models – canceling noise surrounding your vehicle and improving your overall experience within your vehicle.

OP
OP

Willier

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Logistics consulting
The replacement is OEM…