Window Vent Shades

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Just curious if there are any cons to these? Never had them but would be nice in SW Tennessee summers where pop up thunderstorms are always a threat.
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just curious if there are any cons to these? Never had them but would be nice in SW Tennessee summers where pop up thunderstorms are always a threat.
Cons?
I reckon that depends on your preferences to things.
I have had the WeatherTech in-channel shades on 2 Rangers and like them a lot, if that helps.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Plus 1 on the WeatherTech. Had them on a previous vehicle. No wind noise.

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
Plus 2 for weathertech, no wind noise definitely helps keep the cab a little cooler

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Don't have them on our SCab, but ran in-channels on our Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee for 23 years without problems or wind noise. In-channels look more like factory rather than stuck on. While parked where it's safe to leave windows down an inch or so, air flows through reducing cabin heat build up. Works good to leave windows down a crack during rain.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the AVS Low Profile Vent Shades on mine. A little less than pleased. After 1.5 Years I had one need to be taken off and reattached. Thinking in-channel if I replace them

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
In my experience...

Cons for in channel: May cause scratches on top edge of glass. May also interfere with auto roll up features.

Stick ons: don't cover as much. Need to be regularly inspected for looseness. May detach without warning if conditions are right.

Pros: they all allow a window to be cracked open to let fresh air in, keep heat/rain out.

Can't comment on wind noise, as in my experience with opening windows is always the same; Can't hear **** cause wind is blasting into the cab.

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
I put Goodyear on mine. When is hot no wind noise, cold it does. Weird. I just turn my radio up.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I use the extra big ones and I "think" there is some wind noise, but not enough to take them off. After living in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida for 30+ years, I do like leaving the windows cracked in the summer and I do that very often, even here in New England.

I like the larger ones to get max airflow but the slim ones are nicer looking.

https://www.autoventshade.com/original-ventvisor/2022/ford/ranger

These have been on for over a year and a half and made it through the winter (lots of temp changes). They don't seem loose at all and I pressure wash my Scab regularly and blast them on top and from underneath. Also drive 80+ MPH regularly ....

Only issue I have is that I'd like to pull off the door pillar decal to reveal the Race Red beneath it, but the deflector's double-sided tape is on it - not an issue with how well these stay one.

1696600441158.jpeg

1696600448272.jpeg

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I have Goodyear vent shades on our F150 and AVS low profile ones on the Ranger.

A little wind noise, but nothing annoying. I've never had any start to come loose (our toad 06 Escape just had two from a replacement set put on in 2014 only start to detach a few weeks ago!). One of the first post-vehicle purchase things I buy/do.

Not a fan of in-channel kits due to a bad experience on a previous truck (window auto function wouldn't work correctly, slight scratching of window, etc.). So I tend to stick with the ones that stick on. YMMV

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I have the same set as Soupy subquark and have experienced some increase in wind noise.
I would do it again though.