Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
VKB3Z-18246-B

I got Ford Accessories, made by Lund, window vents because I loved the Mopar ones I got on my Jeep and thought OE has got to be the way to go. I am underwhelmed with the quality of the Ford ones, but I decided to go ahead and install them anyway. They aren't really high quality enough to stick on my Lariat (maybe lower trim wouldn't care/notice? idk) but I did anyway because they are a life saver in Colorado's short sporadic thunderstorms.

My Jeep's were outstanding: stick-on, fully clear and smooth plastic, very sturdy, little bracing arms that went into the channel, 3M adhesive like the Fords, and a 3M adhesion promoter wipe that Ford skipped. These Ford/Lund ones don't seal on the front forward facing edge, are flimsier, have noticeable clouding and bubbles rather than perfect clarity, needed trimming of the included 3M tape, had rough edges from cutting rather than being one cast piece of plastic, weren't obvious in how they install since they overlap several edges and discontinuities, and have a strange jaunt out the back edge on the back door. Really they are fine (just okay) but I'm just taken aback by the comparison to my former Jeep/Mopar ones.

This is underwhelming and a half-assed design, IMO. If a proven better design is out there I might rip these off and replace them. I paid $95 and they really should be better than this.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
A couple pics

20190831_175307.jpg

20190831_173735.jpg

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What specifically don't you like about the quality? I like the continuous shape from front door to back...

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
What specifically don't you like about the quality? I like the continuous shape from front door to back...
Summed it up in the first post. Once they are installed the lasting indicator of cheapness is the couldy haze and tiny bubbles you can see from the inside when the sun hits them.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like they need to have better quality control...hope that was just a bad batch...are you going to return it?

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I agree on the overall design, it breaks up the lines of the truck less by being one continuous strip.

I think I am going to keep them on and not return them, but will have an eye out for the exceptional alternatives. I'm just a little let down by this particular OE Ford accessory is all.

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
VKB3Z-18246-B

I got Ford Accessories, made by Lund, window vents because I loved the Mopar ones I got on my Jeep and thought OE has got to be the way to go. I am underwhelmed with the quality of the Ford ones, but I decided to go ahead and install them anyway. They aren't really high quality enough to stick on my Lariat (maybe lower trim wouldn't care/notice? idk) but I did anyway because they are a life saver in Colorado's short sporadic thunderstorms.

My Jeep's were outstanding: stick-on, fully clear and smooth plastic, very sturdy, little bracing arms that went into the channel, 3M adhesive like the Fords, and a 3M adhesion promoter wipe that Ford skipped. These Ford/Lund ones don't seal on the front forward facing edge, are flimsier, have noticeable clouding and bubbles rather than perfect clarity, needed trimming of the included 3M tape, had rough edges from cutting rather than being one cast piece of plastic, weren't obvious in how they install since they overlap several edges and discontinuities, and have a strange jaunt out the back edge on the back door. Really they are fine (just okay) but I'm just taken aback by the comparison to my former Jeep/Mopar ones.

This is underwhelming and a half-assed design, IMO. If a proven better design is out there I might rip these off and replace them. I paid $95 and they really should be better than this.
I had similar issues when installing mine too. I couldn't get the 3m tape to stick on the drivers side along the black door trim where it meets the rear door. I ended up cutting the 3m tape off and putting my own 3m tape on. It works now. I also had some jagged ends I trimmed up with a scalpel. They work fine but I feel ford could've done better.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Here's pics ... Haze, distortion, and tiny flecks or bubbles.

20190901_151843.jpg

20190901_151833.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: