Winch Capable Front Bumper

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The ARB Summit bumper is also compatible with the ACC.

ARB-RANGER-FALL-6_1096x480-1.jpg

I probably won't get one until this spring or summer so I'm hoping more options may be available then.

As of right now, the ARB is my top choice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercrew fx4
Occupation
Software engineer
I plan on going with the arb as well. I but too will wait a little while, just to see if anyone releases anything else thats compelling. Blackgatecustoms looks like they will have something soon, renders look good.

tbirdz12

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
not as bad as I thought it would be. a little time consuming, but not really that difficult. Plan on a full day for install, though a bit of that time was simply rotating the winch for the clutch lever and connections to line up properly, and extending the power cables to reach the engine bay
Thanks

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

AlexBrand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

AlexBrand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Recently stumbled across a Hybrid bumper of Winch / Baja styles, unfortunately it’s only for Tacoma’s. However after talking to him, all he’s missing is a Ranger in Colorado to get started (; with all the rendering and measurements anyone in Colorado willing to help and finally get us a SLICK bumper? Just love the styling of how it doesn’t stick out a ton, increasing approach angles and creating a seamless look to the front of the truck!
A40CF5A7-7D8B-40CA-9B57-2489E338EA10.png

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
@HTX1811 that looks great. How easy/hard is it to reach the clutch lever on the winch?
Thanks. It’s a pretty slick and tucked in look.
Right now it’s simple. Just reach in and turn. One question I have for ADD is how the hell do you reach it after a light bar is installed? It appears it will be completely blocked at that point.
My solution for now is to mount two or 3 smaller bars instead of one long one leaving a gap for access. Not 100% on that yet but I don’t see another option that will leave easy access. I’ll get more pics today showing the fit and access.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. It’s a pretty slick and tucked in look.
Right now it’s simple. Just reach in and turn. One question I have for ADD is how the hell do you reach it after a light bar is installed? It appears it will be completely blocked at that point.
My solution for now is to mount two or 3 smaller bars instead of one long one leaving a gap for access. Not 100% on that yet but I don’t see another option that will leave easy access. I’ll get more pics today showing the fit and access.
Yep, that's what I pointed out in post #18. You're not getting to that lever with a light bar installed. You're going to have to unwind with the remote which will take some time. Drawback to the more tucked bumpers.

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I was able to mount the control box on the side of the winch with a very slight modification to the bumper. I cut a small notch in the bumper to make enough clearance. I’ll get pics up in a few.

OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Here is the finished product. I like it a lot. Still not sure what to do about clutch access though.
IMG_9273.jpg
IMG_9274.jpg
IMG_9275.jpg
IMG_9279d.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9268.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9269.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9270.jpg

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Here is the finished product. I like it a lot. Still not sure what to do about clutch access though.
IMG_9273.jpg
IMG_9274.jpg
IMG_9275.jpg
IMG_9279d.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9268.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9269.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9270.jpg
the first picture you posted I wasn't crazy about it, but after seeing it from more angles, I actually really like this. also actually looks great with that tire and stock wheel setup.

also, as far as light bars go, could look really cool to have a medium sized bar in the middle, and maybe a pair of smaller yellow lights at the sides. At least I like the idea of having some yellow for fog and snow and to help accent terrain variations.
Sponsored