First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I was going to try and trick my wife one day, this was last month actually.
I set up the phone to record her reaction.

Me: babe Im going to order something for the Everest.
Her: Ok
Me: its around $5,000
Her: Ok
Me: :rolleyes: Thats dollars not peso
Her: I know
Me: :confused: -?-?
Her: :yawn:
Me: :handsinair:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
For example, this is the way it goes around the house. I have a Bronco on order. It started as an Outer Banks with just the Shadow Black top when that came available. A couple months later I mentioned to her that since we were used to all the little do dads on the Jeep "did she think" (now remember guys, those little words are essential) we should go ahead and add the "LUX package". She said, well that's not a bad idea. Score one for the boy. A couple weeks later I said, "you know, we should add the tow package for the bike rack and be done with that". That's a good idea she says. Score another one for the boy. A couple days ago I went with visual cues. I showed her a picture of the leather interior for the truck and made the passing remake "The leather package comes with power seats. We may should think about that to make sure you can see out of the thing (she's a towering 5'2"). Now it's beginning to get dicey. She paused a moment, and said with just a touch of distain in her voice "Well why not. The thing going to cost a ton anyway. Just go ahead and get the leather". Score a victory that almost caused the boy bodily injury. At this point I think it best for me to just let that bear lay, and not poke at it anymore. :oops:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford example, this is the way it goes around the house. I have a Bronco on order. It started as an Outer Banks with just the Shadow Black top when that came available. A couple months later I mentioned to her that since we were used to all the little do dads on the Jeep "did she think" (now remember guys, those little words are essential) we should go ahead and add the "LUX package". She said, well that's not a bad idea. Score one for the boys. A couple weeks later I said, "you know, we should add the tow package for the bike rack and be done with that". That's a good idea she says. Score another one for the boys. A couple days ago I went with visual cues. I showed her a picture of the leather interior for the truck and made the passing remake "The leather package comes with power seats. We may should think about that to make sure you can see out of the thing (she's a towering 5'2"). Now it's beginning to get dicey. She paused a moment, and said with just a touch of distain in her voice "Well why not. The thing going to cost a ton anyway. Just go ahead and get the leather". Score a victory that almost caused me bodily injury. At this point I think it best for me to just let that bear lay, and not poke at it anymore. :oops:
Just wait until the UPS guy shows upon with the aftermarket wheels. Good luck trying to get outta that one. o_O

RIP.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
My wife still haven't said anything about my Ranger...weird :rolleyes:
But she does know how to "nick" wires for intermittent connections...anything strange with the lights yet??;):angel:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Just wait until the UPS guy shows upon with the aftermarket wheels. Good luck trying to get outta that one. o_O

RIP.jpg
Shhhhhhh, keep that under your hat for now bud. By the time that thing shows up she may have forgotten all the other crap I put her through. Then I can slip the wheels in right under her nose. But, just in case there is a problem, keep a room ready for me. She'll probably kick my big ol' dumb butt all the way to Arizona. :crazy:
Sponsored