Why does my Ranger ride rougher than my F150 did?

drcollie

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat "Snow" edition
I find my Ranger 4 x 4 with Sport Package rides well. It rides better with 320 lb (8 bags) of water softener salt in the bed, but I'm not carrying that around all the time.
Sponsored

Stevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger super crew Lariat
Occupation
retired
what are your tires set at?
I see others have answered this, just for the record the manufacturers decal calls for for 30psi. I received my truck with 35 psi and I noticed how it was smooth on the highway but when I pulled into a rough parking lot with abrubt speed bumps the truck was riding really rough. I dropped the pressure to 30 psi and it settled right down. I was surprised how much difference it made.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I see others have answered this, just for the record the manufacturers decal calls for for 30psi. I received my truck with 35 psi and I noticed how it was smooth on the highway but when I pulled into a rough parking lot with abrubt speed bumps the truck was riding really rough. I dropped the pressure to 30 psi and it settled right down. I was surprised how much difference it made.
Generally following the placard is a good idea, but note that 30psi isn't the standard across all Ranger models and packages, it varies based on what equipment you have.

OP
OP
Kevreh

Kevreh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat RWD
I find my Ranger 4 x 4 with Sport Package rides well. It rides better with 320 lb (8 bags) of water softener salt in the bed, but I'm not carrying that around all the time.
??? This. I rented a trailer yesterday and loaded it with stuff from my bathroom tear out. Vanity, acrylic tub, 15 bags of tile and cement board, toilet, etc.... The Ranger handled a lot different. Not as bouncy. Smoother.

So no surprise, same was true for my F150. But it seems that being a smaller truck, the Ranger still has to have the suspension to carry heavier loads, which makes it handle the way it does with no load. But can’t say it’s worth loading and unloading bags of sand.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Ours came with 35 or more PSI. I can't recall that it was, that being back in 2019. Nonetheless, I lowered it a few pounds and ride was improved.
Sponsored