Who is getting an extended warranty?

• Total voters

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have no doubts that the frame and body of the 2019 Ranger will be rock solid, since it is based off the Ford T6 global truck architecture. However I'm concerned about long-term reliability of the 2.3L EcoBoost Engine and 10-speed automatic transmission, especially outside the standard factory warranty.

Am I paranoid or is anyone else concerned about future drive train problems with the 2019 Ford Ranger?
Sponsored

NY35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zamboni
The 2.3L EcoBoost has been in service for a while now so all the teething problems should be worked out. The A10 10-speed hasn't been out as long so remains to be seen if it's got any reliability issues.

OwenL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mustang GT
Occupation
Long Island
I have no doubts that the frame and body of the 2019 Ranger will be rock solid, since it is based off the Ford T6 global truck architecture. However I'm concerned about long-term reliability of the 2.3L EcoBoost Engine and 10-speed automatic transmission, especially outside the standard factory warranty.

Am I paranoid or is anyone else concerned about future drive train problems with the 2019 Ford Ranger?
Since you can buy the extended warranty anytime during the factory warranty period, I'm personally going to wait until the last month of the factory warranty to decide whether to buy the extended warranty. By then I'll have a good idea how reliable the Ranger's been for me and also how reliable it's been for all the other owners here. So I guess I'm in the "Don't Know Yet" camp.

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
I'll be putting it on mine simply for peace of mind. But I live in Canada and winter conditions and bad roads can do a number on general wear to a vehicle. Allot more things can go wrong up here. So better safe than sorry.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
My worry would be the electronics those are things that will most likely cause you problems.
It's not a from-the-ground-up new model, but more like an update of the already existing international Ranger right? If that's the case then the electronics shouldn't be all new and should already have had its early teething issues fixed.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Never had an extended warranty, but then I never keep a vehicle long enough to use one. I agree with OwenL, wait till you are close to the end of regular warranty and see if you have a problem vehicle, then buy an extended if you've had lots of problems.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I paid for 6 years 150K miles. I figure for the price of the warranty, all I need to have go bad is one turbo and I'm in the green. And since I drive lots of miles, I should be well towards the end of that coverage by the 6 year mark.

-Chance

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I keep thinking about the turbo and the LED headlamps. I don't see a replacement LED headlamp as being a cheap item to replace, and saw a quote of over a grand recently on this board for a conversion unit. A turbo would simply just be expensive, period. A EW might be in the cards. We'll see.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I keep thinking about the turbo and the LED headlamps. I don't see a replacement LED headlamp as being a cheap item to replace, and saw a quote of over a grand recently on this board for a conversion unit. A turbo would simply just be expensive, period. A EW might be in the cards. We'll see.
Do you homework since light bulbs/led are not automatically covered even by the extended warranty. You have to buy the optional light bulb coverage for that.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Do you homework since light bulbs/led are not automatically covered even by the extended warranty. You have to buy the optional light bulb coverage for that.
Then they completely mis-represent the warranty (Or they just sold me the expensive one) because they specifically said every piece of electronics, every part of the truck from the front bumper to the back bumper (bumper to bumper)

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then they completely mis-represent the warranty (Or they just sold me the expensive one) because they specifically said every piece of electronics, every part of the truck from the front bumper to the back bumper (bumper to bumper)
It’s called bulb coverage. Check your paperwork.

30558458-43CB-4933-811E-4B0E0BF81763.png

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
It’s called bulb coverage. Check your paperwork.

30558458-43CB-4933-811E-4B0E0BF81763.png
This appears to be a aftermarket warranty sold by Flood Auto Group. I don't think this is supported by Ford and is different.
Sponsored