Don't Get Ripped Off When You Buy a Extended Warranty!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It is not what up front that counts. It is what they do when you have a claim that counts. No that is not covered, no you didn't maintain properly, no no nope.

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Wish I could take advantage of this in Florida.....

Dan Ordoins

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks. Just ordered a 8 year 100K for $1250.00. Over 60% savings of what the dealer wanted. Plus I put in over $15K of dealer upgrades.... Which now will be covered. .
Did get a 8 year 75K full maintenance through the dealer at a reasonable price. So I should be covered pretty good.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Okay, not trying to be naive, but can someone verify this Flood Ford ESP is legit? I keep thinking of the old " If it looks to good to be true....." saying.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Okay, not trying to be naive, but can someone verify this Flood Ford ESP is legit? I keep thinking of the old " If it looks to good to be true....." saying.
My dealer matched their price, and I think others purchased from Flood. Im sure they will chime in,good luck.

mk842766

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 2019 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Shows up on my FordPass...exactly what I purchased...

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I’m anti extended warranty, so I would take my chances without buying one. But, if I were to buy one, I would wait until the manufactures bumper-to-bumper warranty is about to run out. The main reason for this that the pro-rated refund period starts when the warranty is purchased. So you are losing money on your extended warranty while your 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect. So hypothetically, if you purchased the ESP when your Ranger was new, and you sell or total your Ranger before the 3/36 warranty runs out, the refund will be a fraction of what you paid for the warranty. I can easily see the warranty being worth 50 cents on the dollar before it even takes effect.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I’m anti extended warranty, so I would take my chances without buying one. But, if I were to buy one, I would wait until the manufactures bumper-to-bumper warranty is about to run out. The main reason for this that the pro-rated refund period starts when the warranty is purchased. So you are losing money on your extended warranty while your 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect. So hypothetically, if you purchased the ESP when your Ranger was new, and you sell or total your Ranger before the 3/36 warranty runs out, the refund will be a fraction of what you paid for the warranty. I can easily see the warranty being worth 50 cents on the dollar before it even takes effect.
Well put sir,
Extended warranties are insurance programs, period.
One needs to know when and how to buy them, along as when to use them.
Everybody's bought a cheap electronic device somewhere and been offered some sort of protection program at checkout.
My response is "whats your profit on it?" and "when this thing breaks,it's going in the trash".
Bottom line is whats the cost of repairing it as opposed to replacing it?

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Mokume, you and I are on the same page on this. IMO, I would put the money the extended warranty would cost in the bank as an emergency fund for car repairs. The odds are in your favor that you will be ahead. Besides, it is a whole lot of fun to see the look on the finance guys face when you say no to the warranty. When I purchased my Mustang GT, I had a finance guy go crazy when I said no to the extended warranty, gap coverage, and pre-paid maintenance. LOL, he basically called me an idiot. The funny part was that I put down a nice down payment and gap coverage would have never kicked in. BTW, that Mustang got totaled in March when I got rear-ended and then pushed into the truck in front of me. The extended warranty would have been a loss and would have never even kicked in since the car was still under the Ford 3/36 warranty. The pre-paid maintenance would have been a loss, as well as the gap. The car was a little over 2 years old and I still got a $7k check after the car was paid off.
Sponsored