Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
What I see, purchase bulb coverage, and it is included as part of Ford premium care for LED and incandescent interior and exterior bulbs.
THIS was my point........Not questioning Bulb Coverage exclusion but have never seen a Ford WARRANTY that would cover LOSS of keys. ESP normally will only cover "defects in material or workmanship" and not loss or damage. May be some kind of Hybrid coverage offered thru them. (May or may not be correct).
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
THIS was my point........Not questioning Bulb Coverage exclusion but have never seen a Ford WARRANTY that would cover LOSS of keys. ESP normally will only cover "defects in material or workmanship" and not loss or damage. May be some kind of Hybrid coverage offered thru them. (May or may not be correct).
Loss of keys on the ESP started around the time the keyless fobs became more common. I have it on my 2018 ST and the wife had it on her 2017 Escape Titanium before we traded it in.

Fast11970

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2017 2500 , 2013 FXSB, 2012 FXDF, 1989 FLSTC, 1970 FLH.
I average 114 or so miles a day- Yes-I am getting one.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Don't do it.

Warranties are a profit center for dealers. They are essentially priced by Vegas odds analysts. They know the odds of failures and make sure they charge more than it costs them.

Basically for MOST people the warranty is a money loser. So stop buying them. If you haven't bought one before you are already financially ahead.

I don't buy extended warranties for ANYTHING. I'm probably $30k ahead of their game.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Don't do it.

Warranties are a profit center for dealers. They are essentially priced by Vegas odds analysts. They know the odds of failures and make sure they charge more than it costs them.

Basically for MOST people the warranty is a money loser. So stop buying them. If you haven't bought one before you are already financially ahead.

I don't buy extended warranties for ANYTHING. I'm probably $30k ahead of their game.
A wise man once said that insurance (warranties) is the only gamble we take in which we hope we lose, because the only way to come out ahead is to have something bad happen. Whether it's health, life, homeowners, or car insurance (or auto warranty), the only way we come out ahead on cost is for something bad to happen to our health, body, house, or car. If nothing bad happens, you've just spent money with nothing to show for it. It's up to you whether you think the gamble is worthwhile or whether you can stand the financial hit without insurance if something bad does happen. Obviously, insurance companies figure they will take in more money than they pay out.

Aggie

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
says i
This appears to be a aftermarket warranty sold by Flood Auto Group. I don't think this is supported by Ford and is different.
Flood sells Ford ESP in volume, it is a Ford factory warranty.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
. Whether it's health, life, homeowners, or car insurance (or auto warranty), the only way we come out ahead on cost is for something bad to happen.
You can't compare these.

Car insurance is legally required.

Homeowners is required by your lender.

Health insurance can bankrupt you even if you DO have it. Medical costs for an illness can in no way compare to an out of warranty exoense on a vehicle.

Extended warranty. Just a big ol ripoff. They price worst case scenario failures based on dealer prices when the same things that probably won't fail in the first place would cost 50% or less at a good independent shop.

Skip the extended warranty. Put the $25 a month you save into a fix it account and save it. Then in 10 years take the money you have left over and take a nice vacation.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 8 Year/100K Mile Extended Warranty online. Paid $2,095 for the PremiumCare $0 deductible plan, with the added options for First Day Rental, Enhanced Rental, Lighting and Key Services.

Ford_ESP_Contract.png

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting an extended warranty from the dealer through Allstate. Basically extended the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty out to 10 years/100,000 miles. Kept my F-150 I replaced with the Ranger for 15.5 years without an extended warranty. Only significant work was replacing both camshaft phasers and electronic throttle body around 130,000 miles. Also replaced 3 of 4 power window motors, shocks/struts, and just routine maintenance. Got my money's worth with that F-150. It still looked and drove great with 226,000 miles.

Hoping to keep the Ranger at least that long. F-150 didn't have all the technology in it the Ranger does, so it was a "no brainer" for me.

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

can confirm that Flood ford ESP is a ford warranty purchased one for 2016 Mustang. ESP can be purchased anytime during factory warranty so will be a wait and see on the ranger.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I got the 6 year 75k mile premium care, being that I've put over 1450 miles on it in the 10 days since owning it I'll probably up to the 100k mile warranty when I bring it in for the first free oil change

Ibeejd

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Flex, 1995 Ford Lightening and 2019 Ranger (ordered)
FYI.....I work at a Ford Dealership and I also sell ESP's....I will be buying one. I spent 5 years as a service advisor as well. The electronics/on board computers alone cost more than the ESP. To those who want to wait until the factory expires be sure to add the date to your phone calendar. More often then not people forget.....until the need it and then its usually too late.

If anyone wants to know if they are getting a decent price Id be more than happy to chat...…..

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
FYI.....I work at a Ford Dealership and I also sell ESP's....I will be buying one. I spent 5 years as a service advisor as well. The electronics/on board computers alone cost more than the ESP....…..
Yes but only

1) IF they fail

and

2) You buy them at full retail dealer prices.

A smart consumer would shop around and probably get an aftermarket reman module for 10% to 50% of the dealer price. And those expensive electronics usually fail very early in the factory warranty term or long after the extended warranty expires anyway.

Some people might actually come out ahead on an extended warranty once or twice. But in the long run they will ALWAYS end up behind if they keep buying them.

Ibeejd

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Flex, 1995 Ford Lightening and 2019 Ranger (ordered)
Yes but only

1) IF they fail

and

2) You buy them at full retail dealer prices.

A smart consumer would shop around and probably get an aftermarket reman module for 10% to 50% of the dealer price. And those expensive electronics usually fail very early in the factory warranty term or long after the extended warranty expires anyway.

Some people might actually come out ahead on an extended warranty once or twice. But in the long run they will ALWAYS end up behind if they keep buying them.
Law of averages will always win. If you buy a contract for every vehicle you purchase then I would agree that at some point you may not get your money out of one. A first year run.....Ill take that chance. I am aware that the Ranger has been built outside the US for quite some time but I am also aware that modifications had to be made to agree with US transportation laws.Those are new parts/configurations. I agree that buying parts from the dealer can be expensive so buying on line and installing yourself is a great option if you have the proper garage set up. 90% of today's consumers do not. They also dont have the luxury of time to install and a 2nd vehicle to drive until the ordered part comes in and you can get it installed. Im not saying that everyone should get one and Im am saying that some dealers will rape you on one......those 2 things are facts. Due diligence for each individual is whats important.
Sponsored