• Total voters

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
This may be off the tangent, but it is about extended warranties.

In Jan. of 2017 I purchased a brand new Whirlpool french door fridge from Lowes for just about 3K., I also opted for a 7 year extended warranty, which, if effect is only good for 6 years because it runs concurrently with Whirlpool's 1 year warranty, the warranty set me back another $1978.

The fridge has proved to be a lemon, in the 4 years I've owned it the compressor, entire icemaker assembly, main computer control board and the in door control panel/dispenser assembly, were replaced, all under warranty. The latest issue with it is that both fridge door gaskets are torn, Lowes told me that the gaskets "will not be available in a timely fashion" so they've thrown up their arms and decided to reimburse me the full purchase price of the warranty, of course if anything goes wrong with it from now on I'm up the creek. After the computer control board was replaced the tech told me that I had already made my money back on the warranty, and then some. BTW, the gaskets are STILL available from Whirlpool and a check from Lowes for $1978 arrived in the mail last Saturday.

If it weren't for the extended warranty, the fridge would have been recycled into rebar or someone's new Corolla years ago. :shock:
I guess it worked out for you but that seems way high for a fridge warranty. That’s more than most here are paying for seven years on a Ranger . Heck , your warranty price was more than my fridge, which I think is pretty nice. Reminds me of this:

Sponsored

Last edited: