First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
This past weekend we made it to Lake Ste Kathryn for our 1st camp trip of the year! Ask if you'd like more details of this wonderful CG in the western UP of MI.
P1060218.jpg
P1060172.jpg

At the neighbors camp site. Ya all the mutts are socialized. We knew them from past trips here so the mutt ran free. We were the only campers here.
P1060325.jpg
P1060328.jpg
P1060326.jpg

ya, we love camping.
P1060218.jpg

And we RUN!
P1060201.jpg
P1060367.jpg

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
how much would you spend on your dog to save its life?

this little guy on Friday managed to find a dropped rib bone on the floor before we noticed it.
without any teeth, one would think he would just parade around and savor the flavor and be proud of his find.
Nope, the little shit swallowed it whole.
We knew the bone dropped, but never found it. and suspected he was the culprit.
He threw up an hour later, so it was pretty evident we had to go to the emergency vet on a Friday night and have it dealt with. he definitely wasn't going to poop this one out.
First, we waited 3 hours to even be seen. Apparently it was critical animal injury night and since this boy wasn't in distress, we kept getting pushed back.

finally when he got a turn for the x-rays to confirm he ate it, that was $675.

now for the shocker.

to take him in for surgery....they wanted $7000 up front, and if life saving procedures were required during surgery that would be extra...or we could waive that and just let him cross the rainbow bridge.
We went ahead with the surgery and they performed it at 3am Saturday morning. He pulled through fine, but still has to heal. 4 hours after his surgery he was cuddling with the staff while they did their morning meeting.
In the end they gave me back some money because they only had him for a day. He was home by 9pm Saturday. But it still cost me $3675. Good thing my OF account is rocking subscribers. I might have had to do a live show to make up for it.
he's a good boy and worth the expense. It wasn't his fault he found the bone first and scarfed it down.
100% human error here. lesson learned the hard way.

1652648022870.jpeg
Well our Dachshund jumped off the bed (instead of using the ramp), landed on the hard wood floor and let out quite a yelp. Didn't seem to effect him at the time but he was in pain the next day so we took him to the vet. They put him on rymadel, keep him quiet and said hope for the best. After about 5 days he could not stand or move his rear legs. Vet said to get him into Angel Memorial if you want any chance for him to walk again. We did and they fused three vertibrae. I got a text the next morning from the doctor with an attached picture of him up on his feet. Worst part of the recovery was keeping him quiet for a month for everything to heal up. Here we are 7 years latter and he is still going strong and we still struggle to keep him from jumping off things.

Cost of the surgery was $6000.

20150723_200311.jpg

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT

this little guy on Friday managed to find a dropped rib bone on the floor before we noticed it.
without any teeth, one would think he would just parade around and savor the flavor and be proud of his find.
He threw up an hour later, so it was pretty evident we had to go to the emergency vet on a Friday night and have it dealt with. he definitely wasn't going to poop this one out.
First, we waited 3 hours to even be seen. Apparently it was critical animal injury night and since this boy wasn't in distress, we kept getting pushed back.

now for the shocker.

to take him in for surgery....they wanted $7000 up front, and if life saving procedures were required during surgery that would be extra...or we could waive that and just let him cross the rainbow bridge.
We went ahead with the surgery and they performed it at 3am Saturday morning. He pulled through fine, but still has to heal. 4 hours after his surgery he was cuddling with the staff while they did their morning meeting.
In the end they gave me back some money because they only had him for a day. He was home by 9pm Saturday. But it still cost me $3675. Good thing my OF account is rocking subscribers. I might have had to do a live show to make up for it.
he's a good boy and worth the expense. It wasn't his fault he found the bone first and scarfed it down.

1652648022870.jpeg
How much would I spend ? ? All of it I guess ? ... ER vets though , they know they got you as soon as you walk in because , well , you walked in...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

now for the shocker.

1652648022870.jpeg
Such a good heart! Glad he’s okay, RP!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dogs and Stairs....

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Howdy Rich. Good to hear from you. The Tundra looks good especially the company you keep with it :like:
Thanks. It’s getting more use than the Ranger now that the kids are older, we’ve started a lawn mowing service and use it for that.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
this is my pup named Eevee she is a tri coat blue heeler half mask i got her a month ago id say now after loosing my other dog bella she was also a tri coat blue heeler full mask

Eevee has been in the truck twice now Bella passed away before i got it

41.jpg

Eevee

10.JPG

Bella
Sponsored