First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Gizmokid2005, You did an awesome job getting up the wall on Sat. My XLT has a locker but it is not an FX4. According to the video, i got some air on the right rear, Ha Ha. I tend to power up hills. It was great meeting you and everyone else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Gizmokid2005, You did an awesome job getting up the wall on Sat. My XLT has a locker but it is not an FX4. According to the video, i got some air on the right rear, Ha Ha. I tend to power up hills. It was great meeting you and everyone else.
Thanks! I'm still pleased with how it turned out! Some wheel rash and if you pay close attention you can see where the bed between the wheel and the bumper on the passenger side takes a hit on the rocks (it's very low and hard to see normally), so it wasn't drama free but that's the price we pay!

It was definitely nice meeting everyone and having a great group together.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Be a great test to see one with upgraded tires give it a shot. For science.

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Be a great test to see one with upgraded tires give it a shot. For science.
I'll happily take donations and go do it again! :)

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
That looks like lots of fun but I am a rookie and will need to do baby steps off road. Once I get Sliders and the FX4 skid plate plus better tires then I can have some fun.
Thanks guys! Awesome!

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Traction control is better than a straight open diff. I always got limited-slip rears in my trucks until my last Sport Trac when it was no longer available since it had traction control. Only once did the open diffs leave me cussing in the snow, got temporarily stuck in the white stuff on a level street in front of my dad's house. Would have preferred a locker in my Ranger but it was 95% of what I wanted, even the color was right.

Orpheus_16

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4WD - Crew Cab
Well done!

I have similar feelings on lockers! I finally realized that for what I'll do with it, I'll likely never need a locker. I mean, I made it 5 miles up Medano Pass with a stock 2011 4x4 F-150 without a locker. I didn't make it farther not for lack of a locker, but because I was getting a tad nervous about bottoming out my daily driver and not having a way to get home afterwards! (i.e. I chickened out :LOL:)

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
This looks fun. First time truck owner here looking for a group to learn the ropes and just have fun getting the truck dirty. Hoping for march or April delivery

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Well done!

I have similar feelings on lockers! I finally realized that for what I'll do with it, I'll likely never need a locker. I mean, I made it 5 miles up Medano Pass with a stock 2011 4x4 F-150 without a locker. I didn't make it farther not for lack of a locker, but because I was getting a tad nervous about bottoming out my daily driver and not having a way to get home afterwards! (i.e. I chickened out :LOL:)
A man has to know his limitations ?

Georgej

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Well done!

What you call "chickened out", I call smart thinking.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
No locker = no confidence , even if you don't absolutely need it I've found it makes the going easier in certain situations. I'm keeping mine.

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
No locker = no confidence , even if you don't absolutely need it I've found it makes the going easier in certain situations. I'm keeping mine.
It all depends on the person. Generally I find there's a sliding, but correlated, scale between tech and skill. The higher the skill the less tech required for the same level of confidence, and vice versa, the more tech, the less skill required for the same level of confidence (even if somewhat unfounded).

I've never actually been in a situation where I've needed a locker. I would love to have at least an LSD in this Ranger, like I had in my '99 and my '04 F-150. I also don't do much in the way of rock crawling or trails that really require lockers to make it through.
Sponsored