First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Pilot
I have a ‘21 Ranger that has 5800mi on it. The oil life monitor has decided it’s time for a change, and that coincides with one year of ownership. I called my dealer to get scheduled and was scolded for not bringing it in at 6 months. Is this a thing I missed? The app didn’t say anything about it, and I don’t recall that in the manual. Is this a dealer thing or did I mess up?
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
dropped off the wifes 150K mile Flex at "fast lane" service at the local dealer yesterday, because its old and Its easy.
But while waiting some poor dude comes huffing and puffing in the door. MAD as hell. he got one stop light away and the front tire fell off. evidently they failed to tighten lug nuts after a rotation.
the counter person says to him, well can you drive it back? that set him off. Maybe you didnt hear me. the wheel FELL OFF. the truck is sitting at the red light...

fun to watch as they scrambled a few techs and a truck from around back..

Told the wife, dont think we will have to worry about loose lug nuts today..

my '21 Ranger will probably never see the back of this shop.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
dropped off the wifes 150K mile Flex at "fast lane" service at the local dealer yesterday, because its old and Its easy.
But while waiting some poor dude comes huffing and puffing in the door. MAD as hell. he got one stop light away and the front tire fell off. evidently they failed to tighten lug nuts after a rotation.
the counter person says to him, well can you drive it back? that set him off. Maybe you didnt hear me. the wheel FELL OFF. the truck is sitting at the red light...

This reminds me of an old Ron White sketch about having his van serviced.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have a ‘21 Ranger that has 5800mi on it. The oil life monitor has decided it’s time for a change, and that coincides with one year of ownership. I called my dealer to get scheduled and was scolded for not bringing it in at 6 months. Is this a thing I missed? The app didn’t say anything about it, and I don’t recall that in the manual. Is this a dealer thing or did I mess up?
That's how it works. An algorithm monitors your driving style and calculates when an oil change is needed, OR you have reached 10K miles, OR 1 year since last service, whichever comes first. I get mine change every 5 - 6k regardless.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student

Got to start bring a torque wrench to double check them after their work :explode:. I had shop not re connect a radiator hose once as well as not put the drain plug back in at a walmart.

To the OP tho, I plan on doing mine 5000-7500 miles, I'm on 4800 right now.
1645133212264.png

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4

Last two times I've been to my dealer's service dept. First time I asked them to check for a flat tire. They told me it was fine and I was good to go. I asked them to check again and they found a dirty great nail.

Next time I took in our 2006 Mazda B-Series. Never had a problem with it. They serviced it and I broke down about 5 mins after leaving. Somehow got it back and they discovered they'd got a load of shit in the air filter.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
My former employer had a vehicle that pushed transmission fluid out of the breather. We took it in 3-4 times and they claimed it was fine. By the time it had 50,000 miles on it, the trans was blown. My boss was fumming when he found out they wouldn't warranty it.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Do it yourself then not have to worry about the dumb s**** forgetting something or over filling something or not torqueing some thing down. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do all that my self anymore. I do trust my Ford dealer sort of. We have been having problems with service advisors however. They have been terrible and it seems they are all assistant service managers??? OMG It seems like for my group have a new service manager every year or less. My company has thousands of Ford Vehicles so I always remind them of Pape my company and they seem to get things done right the first time. :giggle:

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Service at my dealer recommended 5000 mile intervals and coincide with tire rotation. Did this with my last truck and got 52k out of the tires.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Service at my dealer recommended 5000 mile intervals and coincide with tire rotation. Did this with my last truck and got 52k out of the tires.
This is what i do with all of my trucks/cars. 5K tire rotation,oil and filter change.Easy to remember