What speakers is everyone upgrading to?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Do you know if we need a mounting bracket? I only ask because stage 3s kit comes with one so you don't have to do any extra drilling! But on crutchfield it says it fits our trucks so does that mean the holes line up? Lol
Im not sure what speakers you're looking at but the ones I was came with the ring. If you chat with them they super knowledgeable.

Screenshot_20210206-210608.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Im not sure what speakers you're looking at but the ones I was came with the ring. If you chat with them they super knowledgeable.

Screenshot_20210206-210608.png
Ok it looks like I will just chat with them and make sure once I decide because it looks like they make it easy! Thanks for the help!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Just adding a sub and sub amp did wonders to my non-B&O system. It absolutely jams on 17-21 with my JL 8". I listen to EVERYTHING too! From Bob Marley, old school Tone Loc to new school Country.
Were you able to remove the artificial engine noise?

I had an aftermarket sub in my truck but ended up removing it because the fake engine noise grated on my very being.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to remove the artificial engine noise?

I had an aftermarket sub in my truck but ended up removing it because the fake engine noise grated on my very being.
I've read about others having problems with this and noticed they weren't using a higher quality line output converter for their installs. The problem doesn't exist with my setup.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
No upgrade needed.

One more reason the Lariot is a great purchase :thumbsup:
I totally agree! This is one of the few vehicles I have owned that I do not need to spend extra money upgrading the sound system!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've read about others having problems with this and noticed they weren't using a higher quality line output converter for their installs. The problem doesn't exist with my setup.
Which one did you use?

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
No upgrade needed.

One more reason the Lariot is a great purchase :thumbsup:
For some it may have been a great purchase but for someone like me not wanting the lariat grill not wanting the digital tach that is used in the fusion I traded in as well as a couple of other things. So yes for you it was a great purchase but for others not so much.

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer

Woodn88s

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Did you utilize the tweeters also? If so how was the install on those?
I'm curious about this too....do you use the factory wire for the tweeters or run wires using the supplied cross over...does ford split the signal in the factory wiring?

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
Did you utilize the tweeters also? If so how was the install on those?
I used the Rockford Fosgate tweeters. They are superior over stock. They fit in the stock housing, but required a little coaxing. Just be patient and take your time. I did mar the outside of the first tweeter because I was forcing it. Once in, no one would see the scratch. The second one went in much easier. Crutchfield included instruction on how to remove the stock tweeters, which was not too bad.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I used the Rockford Fosgate tweeters. They are superior over stock. They fit in the stock housing, but required a little coaxing. Just be patient and take your time. I did mar the outside of the first tweeter because I was forcing it. Once in, no one would see the scratch. The second one went in much easier. Crutchfield included instruction on how to remove the stock tweeters, which was not too bad.
Got any pictures to share? Where did you install the amp?

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
I'm curious about this too....do you use the factory wire for the tweeters or run wires using the supplied cross over...does ford split the signal in the factory wiring?
Ford does not split the tweeter and woofer wiring from the head unit on the XLT system. The HU sends the full range signal to the front woofers, and the factory tweeters tap off the woofers in a parallel connection. These RF front components have the crossovers built into the woofer housing so I did not have to find a place for the crossovers. That was the best part about these RF components. Once the woofers are in, i used separate (RF provided) wires to connect the tweeters to the woofers. Install was super straightforward.
Sponsored

Last edited: