First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger stx 4x4
Occupation
Factory
I've read many links many forms just get so many mixed answers what's the best mid grade level mid-price level replacement speakers if you never plan on putting an amp or sub with them was thinking about the Polk Audio or Infinity reference coaxial. I'd like to at least keep the minimum base that has now which isn't so bad from other speakers I read you loosen Bass I'm not all about thinking I'm at the concert or right there hearing every little instrument cuz I'm half deaf is it is from work just one all-rounder that puts out more than the factory speakers.
Sponsored

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Output from Factory unit is fixed. Changing just the speakers has very little effect, especially in the loudness department, as clarity & distortion increase.

Start with a budget. Figure out if you are capable to do the work or if you need help as that may cost more money and affects the budget if you have to go see a shop. Also, remember that the knowledge someone has is worth something. You get what you pay for and Free - well you know what you get.

- Adding an amplifier with appropriately rated speakers will yield a result mostly dependent on your budget.
- Speakers define what amplifier to use and Quality / Loudness / Clarity will always cost more.

Then the quick resources are:

A. Simple... www.crutchfield.com or

B. a bit more complex... www.plugnplaykits.com. After you figure out how much money you want to spend and what speakers you want.

Some of us on the site are quite knowledgeable, probably why you posted, and are willing to help. Careful who you listen to and educate yourself.

Any upgrade should be better, but can be ruined if not installed correctly. Hopefully someone chimes in with what they did, how much they spent, and it is in your budget /ballpark.

Regards,
Jason

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
Pioneer TS-A652C - in front doors - Love Them!
But you are also going to want to disable all the Ford DSP using Forscan or you won't notice much change in anything you do to the audio system.

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
Solved the noise problem with Forscan!

ACM
727-01-01 xx50 xxxx xxxx (added to the Forscan Wiki)
727-01-02 00xx
If not using a external amp just change line 2 - The first one sets line level output

OP
OP

rbern

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger stx 4x4
Occupation
Factory
Thanks all. Just wanted simplicity I changed tweeters to some low buck units and noticed a big difference. Was just hoping a simple replacement on 4 other speakers was out there.my 04 f150 I gutted the factory with head unit 4 channel alpine with aftermarket speakers and 2 10inch kickers in a ported box with pioneer amp and Cap. Took up alot of room and time with battery issues and alternator. I have the skills but wasn't going to go that road this time. Thanks all for your recommendations I will take into consideration.

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Will disabling the factory EQ using FORScan affect warranty? I, like the OP, just want to get some better clarity without distortion. My thought is it would be best to get line level signals to drive an amp that aren’t messed with by the factory processing. The factory system could benefit from better speakers but I would want to power them separately…

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I swapped some Hertz speakers in the front doors an I think it improved enough to make it worth the effort. The improvement was when you turn it up, it can go up to a higher volume without distorting.

The knobs on my truck go to eleven!
Sponsored