Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
There is a time limit where it puts itsef in a deep sleep. I want to say it was 7 or 10 days. Something like that. There's a thread around here talking about it. Would be nice if that was a configurable menu item where we could set it sooner or later.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Mercedes vehicles have been making strange noises just sitting in the garage for years now . Since we have a MB and the Ranger sitting in the garage now I just assume it is SkyNet communicating our future demise . I don't have any issues with critters hanging out under the hood though .

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes, this is one of the things about my truck I want to research why does it do this? or what makes it do it.

1. Be in garage with truck, FOB and Phone on me, then all of a sudden truck wakes up, perimeter lights and fuel pump prime.

2. Is it FOB or Phone? I am thinking phone communicating with on-board modem

3. Does it do it when I'm not in garage around truck?

Don't you love modern tech?:explode:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah but your spring doesn't start until June up there. lol We were up that way this past June (stayed in Custer for a week) and it's really really nice there! We went up to Deadwood and came back down through Spearfish Canyon, what a nice ride that was. I told Annie I would move there tomorrow if it wasn't so darn cold and snowy there. I gave all that up when I moved from MA to AZ 8 years ago. We'll be heading back there in mid June and staying in Hill City for 2 weeks.
One Smaht dood.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I was sitting in a coffee shop parking lot, enjoying my coffee, key sitting on the passenger seat.....all of the sudden the lights on the center console turned on. The knob showing 2H and the P, N, D, S lights beside the shifter.
I didn't even question it in my head, but I cursed "modern technology" out loud. As much as I love my '19, I sure miss my '07 more & more every day. Every time I see a 4G model on the road, I call him the lucky one.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
One thing I’ve learned is that if you go into Ford Pass and update the “Vehicle” page, the truck will make that noise every time you update it. I noticed this while in the garage and using the app to check my tire pressures. So I’m not convinced it has anything to do with the HPFP.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So......I was out in the garage tinkering with some stuff on my work bench today. Out of the blue, some electric/mechanical device under the hood cycles. I have heard this many times before. I hear it every time I open the door when I have the FOB in my pocket.

Thinking the FOB and the vehicle are communicating unnecessarily with each other when I was near the vehicle (and always when opening the door) I quit carrying the FOB. It is in the house hanging on a hook in the mud room, 20ft away from the Ranger.

Anyone have any idea what this electro/mechanical "thing" is, what makes it cycle & why? You may have to go out and to your Ranger (doors unlocked) & grab your door handle. You'll probably hear it too.
It's cycling the anti-Taco missiles.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Darn it, something I absolutely MUST get now! =D

Thanks for the link! =)
You could always get the 3 pack. The eject one comes in really handy for unruly passengers. ? Funny how all mine have been very quiet since adding this.

Eject.jpg

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
As others have indicated it is the High Pressure Fuel Pump priming and getting ready to start the engine "just in case" this is probably to eliminate the need for a delay between hitting the ignition button (or twisting the ignition key in my case,) and the engine starting.

What I have gathered with other vehicles is this is normal for all high pressure fuel pumps is they frequently prime themselves to protect themselves from damage. I can't seem to get a clear answer as to why the Ranger does it so frequently as the system should not be losing pressure that quickly. Perhaps this falls back into that safety net of "better to prime and do nothing than to not prime and fail."

I also do not understand exactly how the pump itself could be damaged by low pressure, however, I do know that despite most pumps being immersion pumps, the pump itself is mounted above the liquid it is pumping. This need for frequent priming has something to do with the pump being above the liquid but I haven't been able to find the right engineer brain to pick!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Very simply...your Ranger is possessed.....
Remember.......

possessed-demon-cars-header-image.jpg

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
You could always get the 3 pack. The eject one comes in really handy for unruly passengers. ? Funny how all mine have been very quiet since adding this.

Eject.jpg
I saw these the other day on Amazon. I was thinking of getting some. Now i see it - damn they are good.
I remember back in the 80’s they had sold stick on toggle switches with eject, missiles labels etc and had them in my car. These would bring back a little nostalgia from my high school days! Just add a few pounds, a little less hair and wrinkle lines from the kids - that’s the only difference?
Sponsored