What is the key hole to the right of the License plate in the back?

sokolich

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Accountant
For anyone wondering, they lock is "keyed" this is how my replacement came. Time to watch some YouTube tutorials I guess.

PXL_20200827_151402505.jpg
I lost mine as well a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a new one from a Ford dealer and it came to me just like yours...in pieces. Do I have to go to a locksmith to get it assembled? The cylinder doesn't even fit into the casing either.
Thanks!
Scott

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I lost mine as well a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a new one from a Ford dealer and it came to me just like yours...in pieces. Do I have to go to a locksmith to get it assembled? The cylinder doesn't even fit into the casing either.
Thanks!
Scott
Wow! If you do it yourself, I hope you have a lot of patience...

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Thanks!
Scott
I did it myself. It's doable yourself but it took a good amount of trial and error. I remember you don't use all of tumblers. I'm sure a locksmith could get it done in a couple of minutes.

sokolich

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Accountant
I received the part KB3Z1543262A from the Ford dealer. I took it to a reputable locksmith and they were able to key the lock but it turns out that the lock cylinder does not fit the casing (black round metal). I have spoken to another Ford dealer and I have the supposed correct part. Makes no sense.
Sponsored