What is something you love, and something you dislike about the Ranger?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ha!

Mine is DID.

Disposable Income Detector :)

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
Why there is no handle on driver's side to help to enter the cabin like on passenger's side? Is it a big saving for Ford?

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
New here guys. We got our 2019 ranger 2 years ago this fall (I believe thats the date) and got nearly 20,000 miles on it now. We traded in a 2017 Tacoma for it which we could not appreciate and glad to see it go. We are very much more utility users, than we need a pretty truck type of people. Last ford we owned was a 1987, F150 we sold just about the same time we got the Ranger. It only had 60K miles on it!

Likes so far, followed by dislikes..

This might be the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. Ya, we do love this darn truck.
Great power and we've towed a enclosed utility trailer at 85 MPH (was legal there) and could have gone faster! Wonderful fuel mileage when not towing something at high speed.. The drive train in general has been great for towing, work and operating in snow.
Handles more like a sports car than a truck and it really is a fun machine to drive.
Appreciate the 6ft box and that it doesn't have a dampener on the tailgate.
The low range and 4wd controls are great. We reside within a snow-belt and use 4wd lots. We normally get a secound set of rims and get snow tires for our vehicles. Not done this for this truck and still happy over the winter.
Love that its not overly tall to get in and out of and the seats are quite comfortable for us.
Had a deer smack the drivers door one day which sounded terrible! Later inspected to find lots of hair, dirt brushed off, but no dent. Tough door panel??

Not so much in love with.

The cab temp controls should have been all knobs. Don't really like the touch screen thing but I do use it some.
The sliding rear window will leak a bit while getting the truck washed.
Ride was harsh so I lower the tire PSI a few pounds which helped much.
Huuuummm what am I forgetting???

rangergateliner62.jpg
rangertools407.jpg

Old and new

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 1994 Ranger base
Occupation
Truck driver
Took the Ranger on a 250+ mile trip a couple of days ago.

Love -
Adaptive Cruise Control.
Gas mileage

Don't enjoy -
My knee against the console
I cut a little piece of foam cushion to pad my knee in our 18' explorer. I stash it in the center console for long trips. I'll probably do the same thing for the ranger.

Iancoll

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wildtrack , 2016 mustang got , Mercedes e53amg
Occupation
Company director
They got handles on both sides is the way I took it.
There is quite a lot of differences between the USA and South African made rangers

Cwalker

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Retired
Love it but had to early problems to deal with. Squeaky drive shaft bearing and bad battery that had to be replaced. Warranty fixed but pain in ass dealing with dealer service.