What is something you love, and something you dislike about the Ranger?

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
I really like the overall look and design of the truck. I really like the engine and transmission and the overall mpg I am getting! Also the rear locking diff is awesome and those funny dials to choose your terrain while off roading? I thought it was all gimmick but it actually does a good job!
I do not like how easily the paint scratches, the size of the taillights (Though the lights itself look nice at night), the limo-like ride on the fx4, the silly rake on a 4x4 (a true 4x4 option should have at least a leveling kit!), auto stop and start (especially when offroading! That should turn off as soon as 4 is selected!). And the climate buttons- would have prefered a dial.
Although it seems there are lots of negatives, it does not detract from the incredible package that the ranger is! I love this truck and actually enjoy driving again! I find excuses just to fire it up and go holoholo. I am a Jeeper, but this truck has enough of everything I want to keep me satisfied when I can’t run with my jeep.
Sponsored

JB's Garage

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 1989 Dodge Ram 1st Gen
Occupation
Engineer
1st arm rest 1/4" padding what were they thinking, 2nd supercabs rear seat wish they stole the Tacoma's design, last 5ft bed.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I love almost everything about my Ranger. My only complaint is that I can't park it anywhere in public without being swarmed by women asking if I'm single. I thought maybe it was just my rugged good looks but I never had that problem with the 1986 Yugo I traded in for my Ranger. ?

Deleted member 1634

I'm shocked no one else has mentioned the placement of the key ignition. If I have anything hanging from my keyfob, it dangles and hits my knee as I drive. Super annoying. Super-duper annoying when I'm wearing shorts.
Is the ignition in a spot that is not normal? Seems like a pretty standard spot that has been that way for years and years. I've always been getting bumped in the knee by keys since I started driving.

WoodrowX

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Is the ignition in a spot that is not normal? Seems like a pretty standard spot that has been that way for years and years. I've always been getting bumped in the knee by keys since I started driving.
I didn't know it was normal these days. I have a 2004 Pontiac that does not have the ignition on the steering column, it is to the right closer to the middle console. My 2013 Town and Country also has it to the right.

Deleted member 1634

I didn't know it was normal these days. I have a 2004 Pontiac that does not have the ignition on the steering column, it is to the right closer to the middle console. My 2013 Town and Country also has it to the right.
Hmm, interesting. I guess I had always just considered it being on the steering column as normal. Learn something new everyday! haha

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
I'm really really pleased with my FX4...
One thing I really did notice though is on the highway, or driving at any speed...the driver window down or cracked it's like a mini blower comin in
Not sure if it's the aerodynamics or what but I really find it blustery to have the window open.
Not that big of a deal...just what I noticed as opposed to my other vehicles

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really really pleased with my FX4...
One thing I really did notice though is on the highway, or driving at any speed...the driver window down or cracked it's like a mini blower comin in
Not sure if it's the aerodynamics or what but I really find it blustery to have the window open.
Not that big of a deal...just what I noticed as opposed to my other vehicles
Agreed! I thought I was experiencing the downside of rain guards, but maybe it's just the truck.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I'm shocked no one else has mentioned the placement of the key ignition. If I have anything hanging from my keyfob, it dangles and hits my knee as I drive. Super annoying. Super-duper annoying when I'm wearing shorts.
Seems pretty normal to me. Every vehicle I've ever owned has had it on the column. Only one I have now that doesn't is our Mazda with push button start. It maybe a little lower and I do agree with the hitting the knees being annoying, but I've accepted it as normal. I don't wear shorts much (nobody wants to see my legs ? ) I haven't seen an ignition key in the since the 60's.

By the way I minimize what I have on my fob. It's not good for the ignition to have a lot of extra weight hanging on it. makes it sloppy and wears the key in time. I only have a house key on mine.

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
I'm pretty happy with most things on my Ranger. Favorite thing is probably the overall looks. Surprised how many people have commented on it.

Dislike: the fact that I had to pay extra for two things that should've been standard. 1) Tailgate damper, 2) Autostart/stop Eliminator. It's just a piece of memory that holds your selection so that you don't have to hit the stupid disable button every time you start up the truck.

Neither of these items were expensive ($40 and I think $80), but both would have been just a few bucks extra for Ford had they included them. Still, if you don't have these things I'd say they are the best additions I've made to the Ranger. So I guess it's more annoying than dislike and not that big of a deal, but since you're asking ...

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
I'm pretty happy with most things on my Ranger. Favorite thing is probably the overall looks. Surprised how many people have commented on it.

Dislike: the fact that I had to pay extra for two things that should've been standard. 1) Tailgate damper, 2) Autostart/stop Eliminator. It's just a piece of memory that holds your selection so that you don't have to hit the stupid disable button every time you start up the truck.

Neither of these items were expensive ($40 and I think $80), but both would have been just a few bucks extra for Ford had they included them. Still, if you don't have these things I'd say they are the best additions I've made to the Ranger. So I guess it's more annoying than dislike and not that big of a deal, but since you're asking ...
How about a trailer hitch! That should be included on every truck!

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I hate the two 12 V inlets. I feel there could have been better use of that space

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris