What is something you love, and something you dislike about the Ranger?

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Curious to see what folks love and also what folks don't like about the truck.

For me, I love the feeling of the ride, as well as the engine. It feels smooth as butter, incredibly responsive, and is truly punching above its class. Couldn't be more satisfied with its performance after one year. The engine impresses me with its get up and go nature. I was driving a payload of about 900lb a few months ago, it was such a smooth and effortless ride that I honestly forgot the wood and concrete mix was in the back. I hope it stays reliable for years to come.

The thing I really dislike about these trucks is the body panels. Man I have never been more disappointed with the "Body" quality of a vehicle. I feel like the metal in the doors in particular is so damn thin and hollow, they might as well be a soda can. Super easy to dent. If you put any pressure on the super cab doors, they literally flex. I feel like they could dent if I happen to trip and have to hold myself up by reclining on them, and I'm only 170lb! I'm sure that this was done in an effort to save on weight, which allows for such impressive towing, payload, and acceleration, but god damn the doors can feel so cheap and hollow.

What about y'all?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Love the Rangers in general, looks, performance, value.

Disappointed in driveline vibrations and crude low speed road imperfections harshness.

Base ride height and rake is silly.

I get that Ford wanted "Best in Class" towing, but come on, include the harsh road manners with the tow package, add some civility for the rest of us.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Love the Rangers in general, looks, performance, value.

Disappointed in driveline vibrations and crude low speed road imperfections harshness.

Base ride height and rake is silly.

I get that Ford wanted "Best in Class" towing, but come on, include the harsh road manners with the tow package, add some civility for the rest of us.
There must be something wrong because mine has zero vibrations and rides smooth as glass. That's one thing that impressed me the most about this truck when I test drove it is how smooth the ride and drivetrain was and how fast this little 2.3 goes.

I also hear many others complain about the mushy brakes. My brake pedal is right up there and perfect. I know @P. A. Schilke did a write up about bedding the brakes so some might want to try that.

I do agree the rake is a little much,it was probably the best they found in the wind tunnel for mileage. The Chevy's are just as bad. I noticed one just the other day and it looks like it's nose diving into the ground. lol

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
love the engine!! Dislike with driver center control panel and NOT enough room in rear passenger 4 door back seats for any kind of storage.

Deleted member 1634

There must be something wrong because mine has zero vibrations and rides smooth as glass. That's one thing that impressed me the most about this truck when I test drove it is how smooth the ride and drivetrain was and how fast this little 2.3 goes.
Same. Either my truck is an anomaly, everyone is blowing their little issues way out of proportion, or I'm just that oblivious to issues. But I haven't had 95% of the issues noted on this forum.

That's the problem with a theater like this is that one person experiences something, or just thinks they do, and then everyone gets hypersensitive for that issue. And if you look hard enough you'll start to see and experience things that aren't actually there, or are there but aren't really a big deal. It's like ghost hunting. haha If you listen closely enough in a super quiet room and measure enough environmental parameters, you'll hear and find plenty of "weird" things. But their all normal natural things you just never have or would've noticed before. Sometimes it's best to just sit back, relax, and enjoy what you have.

The brake pedal is a little soft for me, but again, the brakes themselves work fine and once you get used to driving this truck it becomes the new normal and then who cares.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Love almost everything about it. My only gripe is the lack of fully adjustable power seat for the driver and memory function. My escape titanium had that and it’s a very useful feature to have. You would think a lariat trim would include that.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
After 1 week I like the ride, the whole powertrain, the interior, the size. Yes it doesn't ride like the car you had before because its a truck!

My only gripes are the mushy brakes and that tiny gas tank. I have never seen brakes like this before and I would have returned it for repair, except all the ones I test drove were the same way.

I wish the bed were a little longer too because I want to camp with it and sleep in the bed. 6' is a bit short. A number of RVs have the same problem, a 72-74" long "queen" bed.

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
After owning for a month my Ranger has met expectations. Is it perfect, no, but what is. I would rather enjoy it than complain, unless it has a major issue then it will be dealt with. Like? Dislike â­•

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Love the available power on tap.....Can't think of anything I care for that is not resolved

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I totally love my truck. I have had it for over a year and I still have had no issues with it. This is the best handling, best riding, best offroading and most powerful 4WD truck I have owned. Ford did a great job . :thumbsup:

2020XLT

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2015 Ford Edge, 1966 Mustang GT
Occupation
GE Healthcare FSE, Retired
Really enjoy driving my 2020 XLT supercrew 4 door. Love the power, gas mileage, comfortable ride, getting use to auto s/s. After owning and driving a 2000 XLT supercab 4.0 liter for 17 yrs., with it's poor gas mileage and rough ride, it's nice having a new truck for a change. If this truck lasts 20 yrs, it will be the last truck I ever purchase.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Gosh, I can't think of anything I dislike about my Ranger except maybe
the tail gate being so flimsy, I say that because when the topper was mounted it seems like they put a small dimple just above the handle just under the plastic cap for the gate. Oh, and one other thing, I wish the beds
were 6ft for my super crew like the super cab , but i still like it.

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg
Sponsored