What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I honestly regret buying this truck. I got caught up in the hype. I choose this over the Tacoma because of the better gas mileage that was pure bullish!t.
I have had to both replace and then fully replace my wiring system due to squirrels eating them because Ford was too cheap to put an engine cover over them. I have since purchased the cover from a Ford dealer online and the problem has gone away.
once the pandemic is over I will be looking for something else.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
I love this truck. MPG is not as advertised. Wish it had a larger infotainment screen, heated steering wheel and an electric rear window

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I honestly regret buying this truck. I got caught up in the hype. I choose this over the Tacoma because of the better gas mileage that was pure bullish!t.
I have had to both replace and then fully replace my wiring system due to squirrels eating them because Ford was too cheap to put an engine cover over them. I have since purchased the cover from a Ford dealer online and the problem has gone away.
once the pandemic is over I will be looking for something else.

Sorry this truck has not worked out or met your expectations. What is and would be helpful is a sharing of why you don't like the truck.

Squirrels is a geographical/environmental issue, not Ford's. Any more than not parking your truck in a field with horses, that chew trim, windshield wipers and the such. Make those parts less attractive to horses? What would Ford have to help Grizzly cubs from climbing in and playing in the bed of my truck? Oh, maybe a topper/cap? That is a problem I have with living in a National Park, just like squirrels.

What is the reason that has you soured on your truck? That would help future buyers that come to this thread to plan ahead or for current owners to learn that they are not alone with their issue, like tailgate dampers.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Squirrels is a geographical/environmental issue, not Ford's. Any more than not parking your truck in a field with horses, that chew trim, windshield wipers and the such. Make those parts less attractive to horses? What would Ford have to help Grizzly cubs from climbing in and playing in the bed of my truck? Oh, maybe a topper/cap? That is a problem I have with living in a National Park, just like squirrels.
I hate squirrels, but Grizzly cubs climbing in the bed of your truck in Boulder ? Then again it's Boulder.

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I hate squirrels, but Grizzly cubs climbing in the bed of your truck in Boulder ? Then again it's Boulder.

Ha, Ha. Yeah, Boulder does have a problem with Black Bears and Mountain Lions, but no Grizzly Bears.

As my post shares, this problem exists when I am working and living in a National Park as a Seasonal Park Ranger. While the cubs are cute, they are not really that careful what they do with their paws. Deer nibble on tires and things too.

VT2NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Computer Networking Geek
I regret opting for the Ford bed extender, I thought it would be handy even in the forward mode to keep things from sliding to the front of the truck as well as in 'out' extended mode. I've since found it's in the way more often than not, I took it out about 2 days after getting my new truck home. I've now ordered a swing out toolbox that I wish I had selected from the get go. Any Ranger owners near Nashua, NH interested in a nearly new Ford Ranger bed extender? I think it's 'ridden' in the bed for about 100 miles and now collects dust in my garage, I'll give you a hell of a deal. :like:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Ha, Ha. Yeah, Boulder does have a problem with Black Bears and Mountain Lions, but no Grizzly Bears.

As my post shares, this problem exists when I am working and living in a National Park as a Seasonal Park Ranger. While the cubs are cute, they are not really that careful what they do with their paws. Deer nibble on tires and things too.
As a long time user of RMNP I'm of the opinion the biggest issue is 2 legged creatures. Going back perhaps 20 yrs we'd leave early Sunday mornings to hike, but each successive year the park became more crowded and of course the reservation system this year - prevented us from making a single visit , nevertheless we still make an annual financial donation to the parks. We'd often camp late September in the Timber Lake campground. 2 summers back day hiked to Pear Lake, retracing the steps that was my wife's 1st backpack trip maybe 40 yrs ago and at that time we had a real wood fire, saw no one else up there and had no worries about crowds. I contemplated being a volunteer ranger but no way I'd do what some of them get tasked with - managing parking at the ranger lot in the Wild Basin. I do have a lot of respect the work Rangers do in the parks - dealing with the hordes of tourists, some of those who have zero respect for the backcountry - littering, sneaking dogs on the trail and so on.