What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
That is not an excuse accepted by this forum.
Yeah !!! Putting work and your own needs before the interests of your fellow forum members.....
WOW !!! :giggle:
(just kidding)

Last edited:

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Yeah !!! Putting work and your own needs before the interests of your fellow forum members.....
WOW !!! :giggle:
(just kidding)
He should just retire like half of this forum.

Now you're getting it. 😂
So, out running around doing errands today on vacation. I've got the Yeti out since it's the pleasure vehicle and vacation is pleasure driving, dammit.

Was on the highway and zipping past a blue hair on the on ramp when it occurred to me to do some testing at highway speed.

On prior occasions I'd say there was some noticeable lag at highway speed 80-95 range, simulating passing. So if you were to run up to say 80-85, limit is 75 so 85 is about 10 over, it's pretty typical here, and let off, then get on it again as though to pass...

There was some fairly noticeable lag as the engine would have to either kick down a gear or a delay as it presumably rebuilt boost pressure and took off again.

It seems more responsive now with the upgraded diverter parts. It's not going to pin your head to the headrest or anything but when jumping back on the throttle it seems as though there's power available already where there used to be a bit of a delay.

Subjective review take it for what it's worth, but seems noticeable to me. For those making the purchase go try this before making the switch, run up to your typical highway cruising speed, whatever that may be, let off for a couple beats, then jump back on it and note any lag or delay in power. Then see what you think with the same test after.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
The little 2 1/2 gallon gas can came with a "california" nozzle which meant using the Ford funnel and holding the spout open while pouring.

So I got this spout (I think they're from the UK) and wasn't sure if it would fit our capless filler and it does! =)

Super long with no chance of bumping the can against the bedside and very fast. It took about 20 seconds to empty it (which my crappy shoulders greatly appreciated). It also came with a matching holder. I cold-chiseled the rivets off the old one and installed this one (two Philip's screws with a backing plastic plate to screw into). I'll add a small Velcro strap to keep it tight (the original one was zip-tied).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081HZGDDD

the california one is nice for small engines because it'll stop flowing when the fuel starts backing up into the nozzle. but holding that open while pouring and holding the Ford funnel in place kills my shoulders =(
20240204_160142.jpg

the important thing to look for is the air breather dealio, it lets it pour incredibly fast
20240204_160211.jpg

fits well with no leaks and fits capless fillers! =)
20240204_160230.jpg

slips into the filler easily and also pulls out easily, nothing to get stuck on the outside filler flap
20240204_160356.jpg

it is a long nozzle, one a few inches shorter would work just as well
20240204_161053.jpg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
The little 2 1/2 gallon gas can came with a "california" nozzle which meant using the Ford funnel and holding the spout open while pouring.

So I got this spout (I think they're from the UK) and wasn't sure if it would fit our capless filler and it does! =)

Super long with no chance of bumping the can against the bedside and very fast. It took about 20 seconds to empty it (which my crappy shoulders greatly appreciated). It also came with a matching holder. I cold-chiseled the rivets off the old one and installed this one (two Philip's screws with a backing plastic plate to screw into). I'll add a small Velcro strap to keep it tight (the original one was zip-tied).

the california one is nice for small engines because it'll stop flowing when the fuel starts backing up into the nozzle. but holding that open while pouring and holding the Ford funnel in place kills my shoulders =(
20240204_160142.jpg

the important thing to look for is the air breather dealio, it lets it pour incredibly fast
20240204_160211.jpg

20240204_160230.jpg

slips into the filler easily and also pulls out easily, nothing to get stuck on the outside filler flap
20240204_160356.jpg

20240204_161053.jpg
Nice donkey dick.... 😂 😂 😂

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor

20240204_160142.jpg

20240204_160211.jpg

20240204_160230.jpg

20240204_160356.jpg

20240204_161053.jpg
Wavian makes one of those spouts, I've not tried it yet to see if it fits our little capless filler thing...

Off to the garage I go
woo-woo-woo-hoo.gif

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Got a package from Luke over in Oz at Mil-Spec Designs. He helped with a few changes I needed and man is this thing ridiculously amazing.

More to come! ~ yep, Im going to leave you hanging

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Impulse control? What's that?!?

Now to wait for Spring ...

20240205_171508.jpg

20240205_171609.jpg

20240205_171546.jpg

Boy, oh, boy! Soupie be souped up!!!

1707171762047.jpeg
Yoda say's....
Hard to wait, it is....
Waiting for important information, like pouring vinegar on small light saber cut....an "ouchie" it is...
Only 3 fingers I have, and an "ouchie" on each already have...
But, must be safe before install in cold, so Yoda understand, I do...

download (1).jpg

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Got a package from Luke over in Oz at Mil-Spec Designs. He helped with a few changes I needed and man is this thing ridiculously amazing.

More to come! ~ yep, Im going to leave you hanging
Did you order his blank or one of his designed plates? I have the blank and drilled my own holes. Its a really slick piece.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Did you order his blank or one of his designed plates? I have the blank and drilled my own holes. Its a really slick piece.
Oh... I got the all the goodies and then some. We did a little chat back and forth about what I was doing and then he did more before he sent it to me. Pretty impressive what he did for me. I test fitted a few things and I am still needing to get a few more parts to get to where I hook it all up.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Oh... I got the all the goodies and then some. We did a little chat back and forth about what I was doing and then he did more before he sent it to me. Pretty impressive what he did for me. I test fitted a few things and I am still needing to get a few more parts to get to where I hook it all up.
You've sufficiently teased me. I want more.