What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Glad you pointed that out...I thought that they were old school house fuses... :inspect: :crackup:
Oh the day when you could use a penny as a 'temporary' fix. But then, now a piece of 14 gauge wire may work.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Oh the day when you could use a penny as a 'temporary' fix. But then, now a piece of 14 gauge wire may work.
Yep...and hopefully it was only temporarily... ⚠ ? :whew:

1660250856140.png

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Yep...and hopefully it was only temporarily... ⚠ ? :whew:

1660250856140.png
Temporary is relative. It could be 1 month of the year, until you got to the hardware store, or until the house burnt down.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Temporary is relative. It could be 1 month of the year, until you got to the hardware store, or until the house burnt down.
You realized it was too late when the fire engines pulled into your yard... :crying:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
My new plate came in, but I won't be using it. I'll be using the blank plate next to it.

Oh man what is ol' OFC Ranger up to this time?

IMG_20220810_211934.jpg
Curious - why does the plate have “COLUMBIA” printed on it?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I am guessing that's the county. Several states here put the county of residence on the plate.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
As someone mentioned that is the county that I live in.

So after conversing with some of my blue fuzz Brothers in the Georgia State patrol and other local agencies I am proceeding with this little project. It is sort of one of the things that's not condone but such a gray area nobody can really determine the legality of it. I have my plate registration sticker as well ready to go on. I don't even know if I could cite someone as long as the registration plate has all the required info and the only difference is somebody changed the color. OCGA does have verbiage regarding alteration of a plate but that verbiage also seems to be directed at people trying to conceal, obscure, or outright falsify plate information. Also from a technical standpoint I am not altering the plate sent to me that I purchased and own but I will be keeping it in my glove box just in case.

Also at least as far as custom plates go in Georgia they are no longer stamped it's actually just one giant sticker anyhow.

I didn't have time before work to get the vinyl all laid out centered and even. Should probably get it done when the morning when I get off.

I think the black plate with white lettering will be a nice touch on my truck as all my graphics and everything in general is a black and white combination.

Once the vinyl lettering is installed I am going to clear coat the entire thing to make sure it doesn't break down even though the vinyl should be good for 7 years. Wants to clear coat is good to go I'll stick the little square registration sticker in the bottom right hand corner where it normally goes.

IMG_20220811_164115~2.jpg

Last edited:

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
1E2E7471-87B0-4ADA-8F1D-4C6ADEE535BF.jpeg

Plates. Pretty boring and I don‘t want all the Taco owners out here smugly calling my Tremor a lemon.

Gonna get these:
1659470109659.png
Jammin' to sum great Island tunes...

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
As someone mentioned that is the county that I live in.

So after conversing with some of my blue fuzz Brothers in the Georgia State patrol and other local agencies I am proceeding with this little project. It is sort of one of the things that's not condone but such a gray area nobody can really determine the legality of it. I have my plate registration sticker as well ready to go on. I don't even know if I could cite someone as long as the registration plate has all the required info and the only difference is somebody changed the color. OCGA does have verbiage regarding alteration of a plate but that verbiage also seems to be directed at people trying to conceal, obscure, or outright falsify plate information. Also from a technical standpoint I am not altering the plate sent to me that I purchased and own but I will be keeping it in my glove box just in case.

Also at least as far as custom plates go in Georgia they are no longer stamped it's actually just one giant sticker anyhow.

I didn't have time before work to get the vinyl all laid out centered and even. Should probably get it done when the morning when I get off.

I think the black plate with white lettering will be a nice touch on my truck as all my graphics and everything in general is a black and white combination.

Once the vinyl lettering is installed I am going to clear coat the entire thing to make sure it doesn't break down even though the vinyl should be good for 7 years. Wants to clear coat is good to go I'll stick the little square registration sticker in the bottom right hand corner where it normally goes.

IMG_20220811_164115~2.jpg

Not to shabby. Red decal throws a wrench in the whole setup, but nothing I can do on that one.

IMG_20220812_070308.jpg

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not to shabby. Red decal throws a wrench in the whole setup, but nothing I can do one that one.

IMG_20220812_070308.jpg
Ballsy move! GA's tag laws are a little weird so you might be able to skate for the reasons you cited earlier. Plus, don't forget, in GA your allowed to affix a vintage vehicle tag to your vintage car that is unrelated to your car, as long as you carry your original tag with you! More GA tag law weirdness.

But then there is this...

TITLE 40 - MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
CHAPTER 2 - REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OF MOTOR VEHICLES
ARTICLE 2 - REGISTRATION AND LICENSING GENERALLY
§ 40-2-41 - Display of license plates

Unless otherwise permitted under this chapter, every vehicle required to be registered under this chapter, which is in use upon the highways, shall at all times display the license plate issued to the owner for such vehicle, and the plate shall be fastened to the rear of the vehicle in a position so as not to swing and shall be at all times plainly visible. No person shall display on the rear of a motor vehicle any temporary or permanent plate or tag not issued by the State of Georgia which is intended to resemble a license plate which is issued by the State of Georgia. The commissioner is authorized to adopt rules and regulations so as to permit the display of a license plate on the front of certain vehicles. It shall be the duty of the operator of any vehicle to keep the license plate legible at all times. No license plate shall be covered with any material unless the material is colorless and transparent. No apparatus that obstructs or hinders the clear display and legibility of a license plate shall be attached to the rear of any motor vehicle required to be registered in the state. Any person who violates any provision of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.