What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ignition Trim Ring. For some reason Ford did not include this on the 5g Rangers and it leaves the ignition area with an unfinished look. It is only for the key ignition models not the push button starts. This is a quality product and has an OEM appearance. I chose the glow in the dark model. It installs easily and fits perfectly, improving the look of the ignition panel. Came with detailed instructions.

A shout out to Dean who is a fellow Ranger owner and member on this site and markets this item on ebay. I have no investment in this product but am impressed with it and encourage you to consider it if are going to order one: Dean's 3D Printed Ignition Trim Ring Bezel (Build/Buy Thread) | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Outside.jpg

Inside.jpg

Installed (view 1).jpg

Installed (view 2).jpg
100% what you said! Dean's awesome and the bezel's a snap to install (it really is and fits flawlessly, I suppose it looks like the original and probably better!).

Hmm, I wonder if Dean could do custom work, I would pay more for custom words embossed in it (not sure what, probably something like SOUPIE Fun Starts Here). =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Actually, I was sourcing those 4g sill plates as you posted this - I had them on my 2001 and really like them too. I found some in Hamilton - $70 for the pair. I’ll see if the Ford dealer at the cottage can order them.

Have any tape I could borrow? ?
Those 4g sill plates look really, really good and I''m envious of you (and your patience to make them fit).

That's not a bad price - my generic ones were around $36 US (plus the second-mortgage loan to buy the Extreme roll of 3M). Yours will have at least 10 times the style points! =)

Good luck and post pics!

PS - I put some tape in a package but it stuck the mail carrier to his truck ...

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
:LOL: Thanks David, I know I can always count one you! But beware, if you keep buying stuff your dear wife might just end up using it on you. :oops:o_O

wrapped-up-with-red-tape.jpg
I've got a little leeway for a little while (but not infinite). Since she just got her new car that's twice the cost of Soupie, I can get away with this for a bit longer. Although, at this rate, Soupie will end up costing more! =D

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've got a little leeway for a little while (but not infinite). Since she just got her new car that's twice the cost of Soupie, I can get away with this for a bit longer. Although, at this rate, Soupie will end up costing more! =D
Another easy way around is to keep asking her what she wants for mods on her new car. If she says nothing just buy her a few things then sneak a couple more in for yourself. :giggle:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
100% what you said! Dean's awesome and the bezel's a snap to install (it really is and fits flawlessly, I suppose it looks like the original and probably better!).

Hmm, I wonder if Dean could do custom work, I would pay more for custom words embossed in it (not sure what, probably something like SOUPIE Fun Starts Here). =)
He has a 3D Printer and seems to be very customer oriented...I would ask him.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks for the pictures
You bet, I did use a piece if aluminum stock as a straight edge, but I'm a bit of a spaz and still didn't cut it perfectly straight. It's soft and easy to veer away from the straight edge. Luckily, it does cut easily and you can do a great job by being a little more patient than me.

I do wish I would have rounded those corners a little - would make it more finished looking and less likely to snag anything. I don't think much could get caught there, it's pretty low compared to the trim part above it. I suppose if I was the kind that detailed the truck, then a microfiber towel could possibly catch.

And you don't need anywhere near as much double-backed tape as I used, I just had that ridiculously giant roll (I couldn't find the leftover from a much smaller roll of Gorilla tape, bah on my organization skills!). Hopefully, the tape that comes with yours will be usable, I just couldn't get that backing to peel off ...

Good luck! =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Another easy way around is to keep asking her what she wants for mods on her new car. If she says nothing just buy her a few things then sneak a couple more in for yourself. :giggle:
I've suggested a power step, the car's a tiny bit tall for her.

I did score points by pairing her schmancy-pants mirror remote with our garage door. We have an ancient garage door opener (the remote has a 9-volt battery in it) and I had no hope at all that it would actually pair with her car - but it did and I look like a superhero! =D

And I planted the seed for a dashcam after seeing the ServiceMaster video! And I have to get off my ass and get the dashcam you suggested for me!!!

The opener, a fine Stanley Economy 1/4 HP, might be from the mid to late '70s and the Sears remote might be from the mid to late '80s!

It's friggin' amazing that it paired up!

I miss the old Sears days ...

remote.jpg

Ooh fancy, almost as nice as the real wood trim in her car (good thing Cheech's not allowed in the car, he could get splinters pawing at the doors).

motor.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Got this today—a custom bed for Cheech—semi-permanent for the Scab. We'll see tomorrow how well it fits in Soupie and I'll reveal its ridiculous price (could have bought a Lariat).

And we'll also see how close the color comes to the Wet Okole seat covers. Race Red and Teal, it's like a party when you mixed far too many types of booze (and ate too many nachos).

Not a very big box ...
IMG_20220727_151437853.jpg

A Sunbrella cover to go over the Dacron-wrapped foam (read $$$).
1658951139862.jpeg

The foreman says it's good and only for him. No stoopid cat allowed—but Tito can visit.
IMG_20220727_152246905.jpg

And a little peace of mind (the US made part, not the catches-fire-in-California bit). =D.
IMG_20220727_152307624_HDR.jpg

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Finally broke down and got the tent attachment for my 8.2 x 8.2 awning.

And it is not exactly glamping... but... these will be nice once hung up inside it.

100_0028.JPG

100_0029.JPG

I am going to see about making a swamp cooler to add to the trio for some of that sweet sweet ice cold air flow.