What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Not directly for my Ranger, but I received my spare 300A fuse for the RV... very hard to find and very pricey usually... So no working fuse...no RV and No tow of the Ranger...

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Thanks Rick,
I think this Panel removal tool kit from Amazon will work for the rivets. The rivets look similar to the ones that I replaced before installing the AVS Bug Deflector. Do you replace the existing rivets after you remove them or do you use new ones after each removal?

Panel removal tool (Amazon).jpg

New push pin fastener (open).jpg
Hey Rick,
Watched several videos on how to change oil on the Ranger but have some more questions:

1. Were you able to unscrew the oil filter by hand on your 1st oil change or did you need an oil filter removal tool?
2. Is there enough room in the Ranger compartment to get the older band style oil filter removal tool in there?
3. Also, I have an older bottom attaching oil filter removal tool but don't know if it will fit a Ranger oil filter? Are these a standard size or do they come in different sizes?
Thanks,
Paul

Oil filter removal tools.jpg

Last edited:

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hey Rick,
Watched several videos on how to change oil on the Ranger but have some more questions:

1. Were you able to unscrew the oil filter by hand on your 1st oil change or did you need an oil filter removal tool?
2. Is there enough room in the Ranger compartment to get the older band style oil filter removal tool in there?
3. Also, I have an older bottom attaching oil filter removal tool but don't know if it will fit a Ranger oil filter? Are these a standard size or do they come in different sizes?
Thanks,
Paul

Oil filter removal tools.jpg
Great questions!
1) I used a removal tool. Cup type like you have pictured. Before you start the job make sure that fits right. Don’t ask how I know ?
2) Possibly but you will find it challenging
3) They come in many sizes. What you have to be mindful here is one filter is not setup the same as another brand.

So we all start with motorcraft filters. That was one size. When I went to put a WIX filter on the size changed. One was Motivx Tools 74mm 14 Flute and the other was 15 point one same size.

So just be mindful of this if changes to filter brand

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just get yourself an adjustable over the end filter wrench from harbor freight and a long extention. Then it doesn't matter what filter you use

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Great questions!
1) I used a removal tool. Cup type like you have pictured. Before you start the job make sure that fits right. Don’t ask how I know ?
2) Possibly but you will find it challenging
3) They come in many sizes. What you have to be mindful here is one filter is not setup the same as another brand.

So we all start with motorcraft filters. That was one size. When I went to put a WIX filter on the size changed. One was Motivx Tools 74mm 14 Flute and the other was 15 point one same size.

So just be mindful of this if changes to filter brand
Thanks Rick :thumbsup:

drano38

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Got my Lamin-X protective films for headlights, side marker lights, and clear bug shield.
Not sure when I'll get them installed, but the sooner the better.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Just get yourself an adjustable over the end filter wrench from harbor freight and a long extention. Then it doesn't matter what filter you use
I recently switched to the filter pliers. They work great and totally universal. From a lawn tractor to a full size truck they should grab and filter and get it moving. I have had mixed luck with strap wrenches over the years.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club