First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
That's awesome! How much do the seconds run for? Showed it to my father and he texted back asking if they had any more for that price haha. I'm guessing they were renovating the upper floor because it was at a town hall and all the tables, chairs, equipment were moved to one side of the room and stacked. I'm thinking once the warmer weather arrives I'll get those corners rounded and maybe paint the metal with some Rustoleum since it'll be out in the monkey-shed.

Nah, I just keep it stored in the shed. Wishful thinking! Pulled the trigger and got mini splits installed in the house so I do not need it anymore.
I picked up 2 28" x 28" pieces and some smaller rectangles. I think the whole thing was around $40. I sanded them and rounded the edges and applied butcher block oil . Amazon had the high top bar stand, nice and heavy, the base is actually cast iron. They are in my basement next to the bar. One is used as my "home office".
I cut a rectangle to make the 2 matching corner shelves. They had some really long pieces, like your table and longer, must have been countertops, but they looked like old fashioned shuffleboards! We had similar counter tops in our research lab at my former steel company.
I can't see why they are seconds, it seems to be maple, maybe some tiny worm holes? If you get to Bally, PA that's where the factory is. Look up butcherblock.com.
1704483166855.jpeg

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Rotated my tires and inspected the brake pad...all good...original pads still have 8mm all around...

IMG_9077.JPG
IMG_9080.JPG

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Took it to Brundage for the grand opening of the new Centennial Express chairlift. New lift takes only 6 minutes and 14 seconds to the top of the mountain.

1704512452474.png

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Won a bid on an 8'x2' chemical resistant lab table. The top is maple or oak..will need to look further into that. Base frame is sturdy. Starting bid was $100 and I managed to get it for $200 after a few back to back bids with another bidder. Managed to convince my brother to assist with hauling it down a flight of stairs and into the bed of the truck. I swear every time I strap something down I have to check it multiple times and then check it again just to be sure. Certainly thankful to have a 6ft bed. I didn't get a pic of it strapped in the bed but here it is in its new home. I'm thinking of rounding the corners and adding a vise. Plus side is the height is perfect for standing work.
20240105_093317.jpg
no bunson burner ? :)

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Went to pick up dinner from a local Nepali place and tried this soda... Tasty. Better than sprite...

PXL_20240107_031013116.jpg

Listening to idiots debating if you burst into flames if you fall from an airplane or not.... We as a society are truly fucked.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Went to pick up dinner from a local Nepali place and tried this soda... Tasty. Better than sprite...

PXL_20240107_031013116.jpg

Listening to idiots debating if you burst into flames if you fall from an airplane or not.... We as a society are truly fucked.
Maybe falling from a plane will be the next Tik Tok challenge. :rockon:

A quick way to thin the herd.
Sponsored