First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Emptied out the last of my wife's sister's apartment. She passed away from cancer last week and lived about 100 miles away although she had been staying with us for the past month.
Well done.

3AFC847D-3021-48C5-8B4C-D39BF68509A2.jpeg
Sponsored

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Emptied out the last of my wife's sister's apartment. She passed away from cancer last week and lived about 100 miles away although she had been staying with us for the past month.

Sorry to hear about your Sister In Law. Condolences.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Emptied out the last of my wife's sister's apartment. She passed away from cancer last week and lived about 100 miles away although she had been staying with us for the past month. My truck and the wife's minivan have both made three trips from Pittsburgh to Erie, PA in the last four days. 23 mpg at 75 mph.

sorry-for-your-loss.jpg

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Well done.
Thank you. Turns out she was the Imelda Marcos of purses, so I have over a dozen large plastic storage boxes in my garage and basement full of high-end purses, mostly unused, and her car in my driveway. Car is in her will to my nephew and my wife will put the purses on eBay. She was only 53, been fighting cancer off and on for the past two years. Huge gearhead and race fan.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I used it as a bike prop! ?

PXL_20210620_150125762.jpg
Nice bike.

That picture scares the heck out of me. I was loading up my bike at the trail parking lot one day when I heard a big crunch. A guy had put his bike in front of his truck just like yours is. He somehow forgot it was there and started to drive off. :facepalm: Ouch. He backed up and got out to pick up the mangled remnants of what was his bike. I guess human nature took over and he announced to no one in particular " it's OK just a bent rim". I felt really bad for him.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nice bike.

That picture scares the heck out of me. I was loading up my bike at the trail parking lot one day when I heard a big crunch. A guy had put his bike in front of his truck just like yours is. He somehow forgot it was there and started to drive off. :facepalm: Ouch. He backed up and got out to pick up the mangled remnants of what was his bike. I guess human nature took over and he announced to no one in particular " it's OK just a bent rim". I felt really bad for him.
We we're heading out to ride and I put it there to sir up the bike tires. No worries, I have way to much money in my bike to let that happen so I'm very careful with it. ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
We we're heading out to ride and I put it there to sir up the bike tires. No worries, I have way to much money in my bike to let that happen so I'm very careful with it. ?
Copy that. Many people are shocked when they hear how much a good bike costs. But as I am sure you know they are worth it if you ride a lot.

BTW after seeing that accident I quit leaning mine against my truck. Now I just lay it down in the grass. :)

ranger and trek mod.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Copy that. Many people are shocked when they hear how much a good bike costs. But as I am sure you know they are worth it if you ride a lot.

BTW after seeing that accident I quit leaning mine against my truck. Now I just lay it down in the grass. :)

ranger and trek mod.jpg
I was one of those shocked people. This was in the early 2000's when a friend of mine told us he just bought a $5,500 mountain bike.We all thought he was crazy! :shock:

I'm sure today that's just getting something mid range as there's been a lot of advancements since then. But then again most think we're crazy taking a perfectly good brand new truck and adding new tires, wheels and everything else we do. ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I was one of those shocked people. This was in the early 2000's when a friend of mine told us he just bought a $5,500 mountain bike.We all thought he was crazy! :shock:

I'm sure today that's just getting something mid range as there's been a lot of advancements since then. But then again most think we're crazy taking a perfectly good brand new truck and adding new tires, wheels and everything else we do. ?
True, but as Billy Joel said

"You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for"

I have always admitted to being Car crazy, I guess I could add bike crazy to that. But it is really not a bad place to be!! :LOL: :LOL:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My wife had an older Cannondale that she didn't ride any more, found out there is a Kbb type of site for bikes that said hers was worth almost $500 (she was shocked), she put it on Craig's List at list price and it got snapped up in a day (she was shocked) and the buyer was happy to pay the asking price.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase

ranger and trek mod.jpg
Sweet Trek. Totally agree, once your ride a high end bike you get spoiled. Most people can't believe that I have $1500 in just my wheelset. Then I pull off the front carbon wheel and they freak at how light it is and tell me it can't be very strong. I tell them light, strong and cheap, pick any two because the three together don't exist. ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet Trek. Totally agree, once your ride a high end bike you get spoiled. Most people can't believe that I have $1500 in just my wheelset. Then I pull off the front carbon wheel and they freak at how light it is and tell me it can't be very strong. I tell them light, strong and cheap, pick any two because the three together don't exist. ?
Yep, that's more than a lot of people would pay for a bike. I like my Trek Domain, especially after I upgraded to DI 2 shifters. $$$. Bike mods can be as much as truck mods.:crazy:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I took my Ranger to a Mustang and all Ford car show to support my Mustang club. I'm glad I left my Stang in the garage at home because it got a little moist out here!
20210619_131248.jpg

20210619_131232.jpg

20210619_111054.jpg

20210619_111046.jpg

20210619_102817.jpg

20210619_102807.jpg
Hit me up next time you are going to a show and I'll take some time off work if you give me enough notice and it falls on my long week.