Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
https://www.chemicalguys.com

Instead of clay, I use their synthetic clay block. Easy and works great.
Ooh, and I think that's the one that, if you drop it, you don't have to throw it out. Stuff won't stick to it like the "real" clay.

I like Chemical guys, that's mostly what Kate gets for her car (but only 303 for Graphene!). =D

Thanks Bob, you're helping demystify this and making me more confident (although that has nothing to do with motivation, my mind is willing but then I go "nah" have a beer and let the rain do its work). =D
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know the rest areas have leash law's...how did Tito do on a leash ???
Do you carry little tortoise poopie bags to pick up after him ???
Hi Steve,

I put a head sweat band around his shell with a kite string attached.... And yes I carry a little poopy bag just in case...But poop is so fibrous and dry it is no big deal...

Sweat Band says SUPPORT TORTOISE...

Best,
Phil

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Interesting trivia on that note. My grown daughter looked up this plant, it's English Yew and they were meant to be maintained as decorative shrubs. We have them around the house and, while those are leggy, these in the backyard have never been trimmed and are 65 years old and 30 feet tall!

But ... here's the trivia she told me: they're toxic!

Called the Poisoner's Hedgerow in the UK, only 2 ounces is needed to kill a person (I suppose as a tea?). Every part of the plant, except the flesh of their berries is poisonous (even the skin of the berry, so how does a bird eat that to spread their seeds around?).

AND ... the smoke from burning them is toxic! Yikes.

And the friggin' mosquitoes love them, bah on this plant. =(

Portsmouth does allow burning, but I'd have to be sure the wind was blowing toward a certain neighbor ... =p

Besides, I have a strange desire to make dump runs! =D

1660678812259.png

A laxative? Hmm, maybe I won't be so full of p00p in the future! =D
Yes, it's poisonous. But deer and roe deer like them like mad (my two gets eaten to ground every year) and it's tough/viscous wood is excellent as bow*.

* = Above 0'C as it get's brittle when frozen, so in norther woods it's better to use pine bow.

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Ooh, and I think that's the one that, if you drop it, you don't have to throw it out. Stuff won't stick to it like the "real" clay.

I like Chemical guys, that's mostly what Kate gets for her car (but only 303 for Graphene!). =D

Thanks Bob, you're helping demystify this and making me more confident (although that has nothing to do with motivation, my mind is willing but then I go "nah" have a beer and let the rain do its work). =D
I really like it. And you are right, if you drop it, you can just rinse it off. When I use it, I wash the truck and then get a clean bucket of soapy water. I "wash" it again using the bar. Super fast and easy.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Too my ranger to local trailer rental and picked one up. First I did a run for a new printer* which I got from a foreclosure auction. It didn't really fit into the trailer, so had to take a separate delivery for it. Bigger truck & Hiab / back-lift would have helped here.

Then I took a dump run. All things possible into the trailer and bed. Took me an hour to sort them into correct piles at dump yard.

Then I took a side trip and took a trailer load of soil back to home. And finally went and pick up a bed (like which you sleep in) and brought it home.

6 hours of loading/unloading or moving and weather was excellent sunny, no clouds and 27'C.

* = 44" wide format about 180kg / 350lbs.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I personally would prefer some other company products for belts. I see Motip as medium quality product. If nothing else available, it does it's job, at least here in Europe.
For electric tonneau cover lubricating and cleaning spray I had to do first a good research and finally got WĂĽrth /Wuerth products.

Thank you for good wishes!
Thanks Kristina! For the tonneau, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant, which we've used on kayaks for years (but it wouldn't work on belts).

Thanks on the mention of WĂĽrth, I'll look them up! =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Yes, it's poisonous. But deer and roe deer like them like mad (my two gets eaten to ground every year) and it's tough/viscous wood is excellent as bow*.

* = Above 0'C as it get's brittle when frozen, so in norther woods it's better to use pine bow.
Dang, those Finnish deer are tough!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I really like it. And you are right, if you drop it, you can just rinse it off. When I use it, I wash the truck and then get a clean bucket of soapy water. I "wash" it again using the bar. Super fast and easy.
See, why doesn't anyone say it that directly! Good God, watching videos, everyone turns this into a hardcore science!

I just want to wash my car, not tear anything up, and head on down the road.

Your flow sounds like a reasonable thing! Thanks! (Kate will also like reading what you suggest - she's a nut on her new car and this detailing stuff can get pretty crazy!).

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
See, why doesn't anyone say it that directly! Good God, watching videos, everyone turns this into a hardcore science!

Your flow sounds like a reasonable thing! Thanks! (Kate will also like reading what you suggest - she's a nut on her new car and this detailing stuff can get pretty crazy!).

This is me!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Guess what Soupie did today!?! *gee Dave, what could that be? hmm ...*

A dump run! =D

IMG_20220816_133402475_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220816_134349408_HDR.jpg

And an exclusive dump bonus of "Look at my Ranger parked next to stuff"

1660674781068.jpeg

Love that parked next to picture. Guessing 59 chevy ??? Notice the gas cap location? I remember hearing the gas slosh around, since the tank was in the cab with you. :crazy:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

The bars work good but I've been using a clay mitt. It covers a larger area so you can cut your time in half with it and it's washable like the bar if you drop it. ?

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-contaminant-removal-mitt/

Clay Mitt.jpg

SD4160

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
A few things I "did today"... only it was actually two weeks ago.
20220816_181926.jpg

And then this past Thursday
20220816_181812.jpg
20220816_182106.jpg
Just realized there is a "what did you do WITH" and a "what did you do to" thread... am I in the wrong place?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Love that parked next to picture. Guessing 59 chevy ??? Notice the gas cap location? I remember hearing the gas slosh around, since the tank was in the cab with you. :crazy:
This one has the one solid curved back window, and it was fantastic to see being used as a pickup by a great older guy.
Sponsored