OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully in next 30 days I can begin this project. The Ranger Cave. Base of it all is going to be a an 18' x 26' carport on 8' legs with the sides and rear closed. I am going to do a custom front with barn style sliding doors.

The garagezebo has served its purpose, but I've been needing a workshop and proper parking area for a while now.

RangerCave1.jpg

RangerCave2.jpg

RangerCave3.jpg

RangerCave4.jpg
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully in next 30 days I can begin this project. The Ranger Cave. Base of it all is going to be a an 18' x 26' carport on 8' legs with the sides and rear closed. I am going to do a custom front with barn style sliding doors.

The garagezebo has served its purpose, but I've been needing a workshop and proper parking area for a while now.

RangerCave1.jpg

RangerCave2.jpg

RangerCave3.jpg

RangerCave4.jpg
I'm jealous! I want to do that in my backyard to store my Mustang, the Ranger, and my boat. Unfortunately, cutting a driveway back there, having trees cut down, grading and concrete would see me divorced before the building got put up!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm jealous! I want to do that in my backyard to store my Mustang, the Ranger, and my boat. Unfortunately, cutting a driveway back there, having trees cut down, grading and concrete would see me divorced before the building got put up!
Heeeyyyyyyy...:idea:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yea thankfully I only need to do some leveling. My path to the back yard will be straight forward. I'm thinking two dump truck loads at most of crush run should cover my path to the garage and the garage pad. I'm not doing concrete, would just add way too much to the overall cost. I'll tamper the path and pad myself as well as do my own landscaping to slope water away.

The carport ended up not really being all that much in the grand scheme of things. Right at $4,000 for 8 foot legs, three closed sides, and a gable on the front. Another $1,000 for the crush run and various materials (like barn door setup, front wall build out, etc etc) and I am in business.

Found some decent priced hanging LED garage lights and gable exhaust fans on Amazon of course. lol

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Beauty of a StarCraft!!! What year and what's the power?
Thanks! 1976 18' 120 Mercruiser. Was my father-in-laws since around '86. We have had it about 27 yrs. Just had the motor rebuilt in '19. It looks rough but runs good and I don't have to worry about spilling drinks, fish guts, banging the dock or stone chips when trailering. :wink:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Thanks! 1976 18' 120 Mercruiser. Was my father-in-laws since around '86. We have had it about 27 yrs. Just had the motor rebuilt in '19. It looks rough but runs good and I don't have to worry about spilling drinks, fish guts, banging the dock or stone chips when trailering. :wink:
Great history and a great boat. Enjoy her captain.

2020 DS Ranger

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Retired USAF 1987-2007, Vol. Asst. Chief
Currently I am at HQ Army in Sembach, the old Air Base. I too was in Bavaria about 10 yrs ago in Garmisch...what a killer assignment. 10 times better than up here in the Kaiserslautern area. Thankfully it's only a 4 hour trip to there so I can visit my old Bavarian friends and drink high quality bier!
I am a DoD Civilian, but I love what I do taking care of our soldiers!
Retired USAF here, flew into Germany so much it was like a second home. miss the donakabobs. (don't know about the spelling)

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Retired USAF here, flew into Germany so much it was like a second home. miss the donakabobs. (don't know about the spelling)
Döner's are the best.....

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Just bought some ranger5g vinyl stickers. Can't wait to put them on.