Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Swapped OEM rear shocks for Bilstein 4600s. Driver's side had some minor weeping but passenger side was nasty. Easier to get drivers side on...getting to that passenger side top nut was difficult (I dropped it), and getting the passenger side shock on was just hard (I've not much strength left to compress and hold the shock so I could get the bottom bolt in). But its done now, thank goodness. Saved $175 in labor charges doing it myself.

20260214_110124.webp


20260214_113553.webp
20260214_114200.webp
Looks good and it should handle a lot better now.

BTW...Your garage is way too clean! lol And this is coming from someone with OCD. :crazy:
Sponsored

 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,827
Reaction score
23,482
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
After some initial issues getting the dash tray to come out I installed the Bulletpoint dash accessories mount.

I had the added issue of making it work with my dash/glare cover. That was a PITA. Had to take cover out and after removing and drilling the dash tray I had to mount the base plate to the tray with the cover in between. That added some time 😂.

This gear is robust. I’ll add the other phone mount for the passenger when it gets here next week.

For me it was a huge success. No cussing, didn’t break anything and it works! I’m going to have some sipping whiskey to celebrate 😂

IMG_4517.webp
IMG_4528.webp
IMG_4529.webp
IMG_4533.webp
IMG_4530.webp
IMG_4534.webp


IMG_4529.webp
Cool Beans !
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Swapped OEM rear shocks for Bilstein 4600s. Driver's side had some minor weeping but passenger side was nasty. Easier to get drivers side on...getting to that passenger side top nut was difficult (I dropped it), and getting the passenger side shock on was just hard (I've not much strength left to compress and hold the shock so I could get the bottom bolt in). But its done now, thank goodness. Saved $175 in labor charges doing it myself.

20260214_110124.webp


20260214_113553.webp
20260214_114200.webp
Good job Chris!
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
8,096
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Today nothing, however Nature is rinsing it off for Free. It started raining about 10 o clock this morning and it is currently just a nice slow steady rain.
20260214_094656.webp

No complaints, after the ice and snow melted, things got dry around here quick.
 


underwhelmed

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
6,407
Location
GSMs
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
1
Sat in the truck in the rain while I installed the missing parts from initial Bulletpoint order. They included a nice hot/cold cup as a bonus. Quick responsive customer service!

Went with second phone holder for passenger. Tired of both of us looking for our damn phones 😂

IMG_4536.webp
IMG_4535.webp
IMG_4537.webp
 

woodworker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joel
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
888
Reaction score
4,284
Location
virginia
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
Occupation
Retired
Drive my Ranger to a local high pressure car wash in Hopewell and blasted some of that nasty road salt and mud off her. Then drove the Ranger to Lowe’s in Prince George and got some lumber for the next project. Then drove the Ranger to Williamsburg to take the big girl for a ride and short walk in the light rain. Saw two eagles, a heron, and a pelican landed in the water right in front of us on the Parkway. Then drove the Ranger home, offloaded the lumber into the wood shop, and tucked the Ranger safely into the carport.
THE END
 

theprinceofsnj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Sep 5, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
257
Reaction score
770
Location
Clayton NJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford RangerXL 1959 Edsel Villager 9 passenger
Occupation
Retired
Deleted my ASS today!!!

Easy fix, getting to the push button was the hardest part, a long flat blade screwdriver from the passenger side to release the switches from the cover plate is the trick.
I put in a memory chip in mine. I think I did it about 6 months after taking delivery.
 

WhyNot21

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
584
Reaction score
1,744
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Changed the oil today. It's a once a year tradition, as I am at ~14k miles in 5 years.

I found that if I change the filter first, it makes the whole process easier. At least in my head. :) That's always been a PITA, due to those stupid wheel well clips and placement of the filter. Once that was out of the way, removing the shields and drain plug seemed effortless.
 

Tako

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
296
Reaction score
922
Location
The Valley
Vehicle(s)
None
Changed the oil today. It's a once a year tradition, as I am at ~14k miles in 5 years.

I found that if I change the filter first, it makes the whole process easier. At least in my head. :) That's always been a PITA, due to those stupid wheel well clips and placement of the filter. Once that was out of the way, removing the shields and drain plug seemed effortless.
Why do u drive so much?
 

PltFX4

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
735
Reaction score
1,385
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Picked it's nose... going from red to Ford blue... (those come out very easily)

Front Grill.webp
Looking for opinions... may not use them but will certainly consider them...

Given: Thee nostrils are going Ford Blue (paint arrived today). The current grille is all metallic gray (the surround and the center 2 bars) and blue Ford oval. As above, the surround is a (I think) darker gray and the center 2 bars are high gloss black and a black Ford oval.

I like the blue oval and contemplating a chrome surround.

What say you?? (I know the nostrils are not in yet but that is the Tremor sub-frame... black bars)

20260218_160708.webp
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
8,096
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Looking for opinions... may not use them but will certainly consider them...

Given: Thee nostrils are going Ford Blue (paint arrived today). The current grille is all metallic gray (the surround and the center 2 bars) and blue Ford oval. As above, the surround is a (I think) darker gray and the center 2 bars are high gloss black and a black Ford oval.

I like the blue oval and contemplating a chrome surround.

What say you?? (I know the nostrils are not in yet but that is the Tremor sub-frame... black bars)

20260218_160708.webp
I like it. The chrome surround with the black bars reminds me of the grille in my late Grandpas old 91 F150 farm truck.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Looking for opinions... may not use them but will certainly consider them...

Given: Thee nostrils are going Ford Blue (paint arrived today). The current grille is all metallic gray (the surround and the center 2 bars) and blue Ford oval. As above, the surround is a (I think) darker gray and the center 2 bars are high gloss black and a black Ford oval.

I like the blue oval and contemplating a chrome surround.

What say you?? (I know the nostrils are not in yet but that is the Tremor sub-frame... black bars)

20260218_160708.webp
Me personally I don't like chrome (anywhere) and like the look of the Tremor grille. But it's your truck and I'd do what makes you happy. :)

You could add some blue Ranger lettering ?
Sponsored

 
 








Top