Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,667
Reaction score
20,623
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
WHOA !!!!! Sounds like it's time for a 303 lube job !!!! :blush:
Perhaps.
Running hot is acceptable, but running dry is not.
Sponsored

 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker

mokupilot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
283
Reaction score
1,392
Location
The Aloha State ?
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
I installed a Wolfbox 900Pro cam/mirror. I havent seen it at night yet but so far I love it. Visibility is so much better. I love that you can pan the camera up and down too.

 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
13,263
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
I installed a Wolfbox 900Pro cam/mirror. I havent seen it at night yet but so far I love it. Visibility is so much better. I love that you can pan the camera up and down too.



How did you attach it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc


DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Funny thing! I just scrubbed this used hard rubber grip in this .357 mag project revolver with 303 Aerospace Protectant to clean it up. I feel like gun cleaning is new, unexplored territory for 303! ?
1000010759.jpg
Never mind the hardware, that table is really something!!

Also, am I the only one that thinks this is hilarious? ?

IMG_7600.webp
 

mokupilot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
283
Reaction score
1,392
Location
The Aloha State ?
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
How did you attach it?
I bought a cheap ford mirror off eBay, I think for an escape, but it had the same mount. I broke it apart and built it into the Wolfbox mount. The ball it moves on is slightly smaller so I used a small circle of that grippy kitchen drawer liner stuff to keep it from moving. Fit perfectly and won’t move without a little force.
IMG_3347.jpeg
IMG_3358.webp
 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
13,263
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
I bought a cheap ford mirror off eBay, I think for an escape, but it had the same mount. I broke it apart and built it into the Wolfbox mount. The ball it moves on is slightly smaller so I used a small circle of that grippy kitchen drawer liner stuff to keep it from moving. Fit perfectly and won’t move without a little force.
IMG_3347.jpeg
IMG_3358.jpeg
If you could link the eBay mirror you used, I would appreciate it. Having the Wolfbox attached to the front of the OE mirror was awful and caused me to return mine. I would love to install it, but want a clean look like yours.
 

mokupilot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
283
Reaction score
1,392
Location
The Aloha State ?
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
If you could link the eBay mirror you used, I would appreciate it. Having the Wolfbox attached to the front of the OE mirror was awful and caused me to return mine. I would love to install it, but want a clean look like yours.
Sure,

eBay - mirror

Also, pictures because I’m not sure how long they’ll leave an old link up.

IMG_3349.jpeg
IMG_3361.jpeg


IMG_3362.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Joejk3d

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
99
Reaction score
316
Location
Denver & Nathrop, CO
Website
JK3D.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Saber / 2009 Honda CR-V (the backup car)
Occupation
Maker and a professional high end geek.
After putting on 15K on our ranger in 9 months, I got tired of the suspension. So Eibach Stage 2Rs are going on. Rears done tonight in a few min, Fronts will go on with a 1.5" lift or so next week when I get the tools I wanted to do the alignment.

Already riding around with just the rears on the ride quality is already really improved!
(no idea why the image is sideways here..)
1729135496907-2l.jpg
 

miraculon

Active Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Mar 16, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
43
Reaction score
81
Location
Rogers City, Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired engineer.
Updated the Forscan tool and obtained another 2 month "extended license". I use the OBD Link adapter which works well.

I changed the "Panic Button" to require two presses on the key fob. I have been accidently triggering it in my pocket somehow. I hope that the two-press mode stops this from happening. If it happens again, I will disable it completely. Forscan now has a "drop down' menu choice, and I didn't need to bit-twiddle to change it.

Also enabled "Bambi Mode" and default courtesy wipe for the windshield washers. I had set this in the instrument panel options, so I am not sure what this gained me.

I checked ChatGPT to see if Bambi Mode (fog lights when high beams are on) is legal in Michigan, and it said that it is OK. We have a lot of deer up here in Northern Michigan, so I am hoping that this helps.

I considered changing the DRL option to either fog lights or turn signal, but I left it alone for now.

I might enable the fog/cornering lights at some point, but not this time.
 
 








Top