Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Dynawide

Well-Known Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Dec 28, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
48
Reaction score
171
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Manager
i would not attempt it unless you are really skilled and ready for it. ive heard too many stories of springs taking revenge on folks and parts flying into flesh.
I have spend the majority of my 60 years on this planet doing things I was told not to, so far it's been semi ok.....not everything went perfectly but I learned valuable lessons. I have the old single piece compressors where you put one on each side and those can be dicey at best. I picked up a different unit from HF and just from looking and poking it seems like it may work. Worst case is it doesn't fit properly or I can compress it enough then the strut has to come out anyways.

IMG_0323.jpg
Sponsored

 

taralon

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeb
Joined
Apr 15, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
49
Reaction score
102
Location
Denver, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
IT
Installed halogen bulbs instead of the terrible drop in LEDs the truck had when I bought it new. Need to drop by work this weekend and repoint the headlights in the parking garage. The cutoff line for the dims are on the ground by 24 feet from the vehicle, not sure how you're supposed to see anything with it set that way (was the same with the LEDs).


Set a bunch of settings back to as built using forscan, stock Ford boot screen, reenabled ASS, DRL back to as built.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So I did this. I turned Soupie into a rolling, fresh breath, tube of toothpaste!

Stoopid chipmunks and mice eating my battery tender wiring and gnawing on my battery blanket! Literally, rat bastards! =(

So I got a few things. None of which will likely do much except make it smell nice (a plus when at the dump!). =D

I got a spray, but it's only 2% peppermint oil so I added pure peppermint oil to it. And I also got Grandpa Gus's rodent repelling bags (which smell like peppermint too).

With my luck, the chippies will chew holes in the bags and the saw dust filling will get all over everything.

I soaked the heck out of the hood insulation after seeing some terrible damage to other people's insulation.

Now it looks like someone sp00ged all over the engine.

Bah, if I parked in the garage, the cat would keep them down a bit but ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYP6D5C
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2CLF3T
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMDYDVJ

IMG_20230511_155948165_HDR.jpg


IMG_20230511_160658571_HDR.webp


IMG_20230511_160424436.webp


IMG_20230511_160851304_HDR.webp


IMG_20230511_161015397_HDR.webp


IMG_20230511_161033026.webp


IMG_20230511_161420865.webp


IMG_20230511_161428848.webp
 

MXGOLF

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Threads
41
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
5,867
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4-2007 Yamaha FZ6 and Sammy my 2026 Maverick
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I bought my 2023 Ranger about 4 weeks ago and found this forum shortly after. First off, I love my new truck and I really appreciate the wealth of information contained on this site. In the past two weeks I’ve installed the tailgate assist, changed the side markers to the smoked Morimotos, installed Ford mud flaps on the front and rear, installed the Ford performance grill, changed the stock bov to the Turbo Smart dual port and installed the Mishimoto intercooler tubing kit. I’d like to level the truck, add hood lift supports and install a cat back exhaust before I take a break and save my bank account. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
6F7F54DE-02CE-443D-8FC1-443623DC1D9C.jpeg
2AB85CA4-F80D-4DA0-8E36-11406AB610DB.jpeg
4ADC6231-7AEA-4474-8A08-938981F82B0C.jpeg
04CBB665-AD43-4FED-9E28-DDA087DF1089.jpeg
94C54E61-320E-471C-9454-EEB4A5796CF5.jpeg
C9783186-C719-4D17-A2A1-4A851AF26B62.jpeg
Great looking Ranger Adam. Welcome to the club!
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,674
Reaction score
20,652
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
So I did this. I turned Soupie into a rolling, fresh breath, tube of toothpaste!

Stoopid chipmunks and mice eating my battery tender wiring and gnawing on my battery blanket! Literally, rat bastards! =(

So I got a few things. None of which will likely do much except make it smell nice (a plus when at the dump!). =D

I got a spray, but it's only 2% peppermint oil so I added pure peppermint oil to it. And I also got Grandpa Gus's rodent repelling bags (which smell like peppermint too).

With my luck, the chippies will chew holes in the bags and the saw dust filling will get all over everything.

I soaked the heck out of the hood insulation after seeing some terrible damage to other people's insulation.

Now it looks like someone sp00ged all over the engine.

Bah, if I parked in the garage, the cat would keep them down a bit but ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYP6D5C
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2CLF3T
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMDYDVJ

IMG_20230511_155948165_HDR.jpg


IMG_20230511_160658571_HDR.jpg


IMG_20230511_160424436.jpg


IMG_20230511_160851304_HDR.jpg


IMG_20230511_161015397_HDR.jpg


IMG_20230511_161033026.jpg


IMG_20230511_161420865.jpg


IMG_20230511_161428848.jpg
"Spooged"?
 


lukdeg

Well-Known Member
First Name
Luc
Joined
May 16, 2022
Threads
6
Messages
249
Reaction score
599
Location
Edmundston
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Now I want to see a picture of your German Shepherd!!
sorry for the delay, I finally got a picture! I have to make a leg at the front of the bed because when 1 dog is sitting on the front, it tilt the whole bed !

20230511_182321.webp
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,674
Reaction score
20,652
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

KJRR

Well-Known Member
First Name
KJ
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Threads
14
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
10,473
Location
Cleveland, OH
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

cclayton

Well-Known Member
First Name
Collin Clayton
Joined
Dec 25, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
82
Reaction score
355
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Found some miracle grow and sprinkled on my Ranger:) To celebrate my 40th birthday today, my wife scheduled a “makeover” for my ‘19 Ranger. Great work by Texas Off-road and Performance. Truck drives so much better with the Bilsteins over the stock FX4 shocks. Pictures attached below.

New items are below:
Bilstein 5100 leveling struts and rear shocks
285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak MT tires
17x9 Fuel Rebel wheels +1 offset
Husky weather beater floor mats
New windshield sunshade
New wipers

2F2A7611-CC13-461F-85C1-E67921793724.jpeg


6180D28E-F28E-4CA9-9190-F31DB493E813.jpeg


5C6E3171-018C-44DA-AF82-74FF316DFC49.jpeg


E164FE47-D763-4B1B-8EEB-8C12884B9DB1.webp
 
Last edited:

Bob902

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
3,788
Reaction score
21,102
Location
St. Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
sorry for the delay, I finally got a picture! I have to make a leg at the front of the bed because when 1 dog is sitting on the front, it tilt the whole bed !

20230511_182321.jpg
Love the doggos!!!!!
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Found some miracle grow and sprinkled on my Ranger:) To celebrate my 40th birthday today, my wife scheduled a “makeover” for my ‘19 Ranger. Great work by Texas Off-road and Performance. Truck drives so much better with the Bilsteins over the stock FX4 shocks. Pictures attached below.

New items are below:
Bilstein 5100 leveling struts and rear shocks
285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak MT tires
17x9 Fuel Rebel wheels +1 offset
Husky weather beater floor mats
New windshield sunshade
New wipers

2F2A7611-CC13-461F-85C1-E67921793724.jpeg


6180D28E-F28E-4CA9-9190-F31DB493E813.jpeg


5C6E3171-018C-44DA-AF82-74FF316DFC49.jpeg


E164FE47-D763-4B1B-8EEB-8C12884B9DB1.jpeg
truck looks great! how does it feel with the 285 tires? feel any less power? what part of Tejas are you in ?
Happy Birthday!
Sponsored

 
 








Top